Looking Ahead!

I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse, but I am constantly bombarded with story ideas. Unfortunately, I'm not the world's fastest writer so it's impossible for me to keep up with my crazy muse. I'm easily distracted by shiny new ideas. Sometimes I give into them. Not a bad thing. Viva variety! But it does put a kink into the schedule of whatever "series" I'm trying to focus on.

I've spent the last few weeks thinking hard about my career. Where I am. Where I'd like to go. One thing I know for sure. I'm going to focus more on what inspires me creatively. What truly sparks my passion. And I'm going to worry less about "breaking out and ahead" financially. I'm going to reconnect with the crazy kind of passion that makes my storytelling unique. I'm going to have FUN.

My new goal is to complete my two Indie romance series (Peacemakers: Old West AND Impossible Dream) by mid 2016. Peacemakers: Old West will consist of four books total. Impossible Dream will consist of five. Then I'll be turning my full attention and creativity to a story that has been in the works for some time. A story of my heart that received a lot of interest from the big NYC pubs, but was ultimately passed over because A) They didn't know how to market it or B) (in one very close but no cigar instance) was a little to close in concept to something that pub had already bought.

This particular story revolves around "The Extraordinary Quest of Zoe Albright". It's a fantasy mystery with romantic elements. Sort of like 'The Discovery of Witches"... but not really. All I know is I adore what I've written so far and honestly think Zoe is me at my very best.

In keeping with that Indie project, I'm working on polishing another fantasy mystery proposal for my agent to pitch to the traditional NYC publishers. I'd be ever so thrilled to remain a hybrid author albeit in a new genre. A slight shift from straight ahead romance and perhaps a risky move on my part but it feels right. So.... I'm going for it.

Based on all of the above here's what you can expect from me in the near and not so near future! (*not including a special project I'm simmering on with an extremely talented artist!)


  • MARRY POPPINS (Impossible Dream--book 3) Sept/Oct 2015
  • ON THE NAUGHTY LIST (holiday anthology w/Lori Foster, Carly Phillips, and Sugar Jamison) Oct 2015
  • WANDERLUST (romance anthology w/Erin McCarthy, Kathy Love and Elle J Rossi) Nov 2015
  • CHRISTMAS IMPOSSIBLE (Impossible Dream--book 4) Oct/Nov 2015
  • LOVING A LEGEND (Peacemakers:Old West--book 4) Feb 2016
  • NO PLACE LIKE NOWHERE (Impossible Dream--book 5) July 2016
  • ZOE ALBRIGHT: THE ASSASSIN'S PRODIGY (An ESCA Novel) Oct 2016          

Unless something totally unexpected puts a glitch in my oh-so-focused plan. ;)

Speaking of MARRY POPPINS, I'll leave you with this beautiful ad designed by my awesoemlly talented sister--Elle J Rossi of EJR Digital Art


Comments

Ann Lorz said…
You need to write what's in your heart. I'm sure whatever you write will be enjoyed by many.
Beth Ciotta said…
I hope you're right, Ann! This was a tough decision to come to, but the timing feels right for a whole lot of reasons. :)
JB Lynn said…
I know that struggle too well and I wish you the best. Exciting times ahead!!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank so much, JB! For the commiseration and the good wishes!
Cynthia Valero said…
It's only up from here following your heart, B!!! xoxo
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you, C!!! Zoe calls!! :)
Deidre M said…
I can't wait! I have loved everything so far, I am sure the new direction will be wonderful as well.
Beth Ciotta said…
Oh how I appreciate that vote of confidence, Deidre! Thank you!
Roni Denholtz said…
Write what you want. You've paid your dues and are entitled! I'm so glad we'll get the final brother's story in your Western series. Question: aren't there 7 friends in the Impossible Dream series? Or am I confused? Should there be 7 books, or do some books have two stories? Or did I remember the wrong number?
Beth Ciotta said…
Roni, I love your note. Thank you!

As for the Inseparables of Impossible Dream, there are six total. Emma and Sinjun's tales will entwine in book 5-- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE NOWHERE.
Diane Blaser said…
My dear departed mother taught me to listen to my inner voice and do my very best! I applaud you for going with your heart and your inner voice! Congratulations on your decision and I love the covers your sister designed!
Beth Ciotta said…
What a wonderful note! Thank you for sharing that, Diane. I've been floundering a little lately. Maybe because I was ignoring my inner voice. Or fighting it. Taking this leap of faith is rejuvenating.
Melly Mel said…
Go for it! Taking risks is always rewarding even if not always in the exact way we hope. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Beth Ciotta said…
That's very true, Melly Mel. One thing is certain. Since deciding to take this leap of death, I am feeling enormously inspired!
Kquotes Com said…
There is one thing in publishing guaranteed to trigger me. So, naturally, it's happening all the time and I keep seeing it. Gah! http://kquotes.com/
aman deep said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ahmed said…
Today, tattoos and mehndi designs are starting to be more and most common. Displaying one on just about any a part of your is considered pretty cool arf player.
SAP said…
By the way, after several days what is sap fiori of course give into the urge attain some sit-ups. As you exercise, make certain that you continue the emotional feedback by "letting" yourself enjoy exercise. If you feel yourself not enjoying the process, moderate your emotions absent or stop exercising. It's not worth sabotaging your work to burn several extra caloric sapui5 intake.
Onlineapps said…
Such outdoor fireplaces are very helpful in crafting the right environment for all kinds of family gatherings online shopping apps in india.
fioriblogger said…
Let's look for a moment at you wrote a back up is. Copying your computer files retail environment significantly you are easily about this making a replica of your data that is actually going to stored somewhere other than you are on your personalized.
jntu said…
Stars and the moon magnificantly light inside sky online shopping apps. Sunlight gives us light, warmth and vitamin. Water comes to the earth in are rain for us to drink, wash and cook.
Z4root apk said…
Search, and Back, as well as keys anyone how to root android normally find on your home windows laptop like Ctrl and Navigation bars.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!