Sunday, May 20, 2012

Exciting News, Cool Art, and a Rambling Ramble

It's been a jammed packed Spring thus far and things won't be slowing down any time soon. Not that I'm complaining.  Late Friday I completed and submitted the manuscript for THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE, book 2 in my new series Cupcake Lovers. Though exhausted, I am so very pleased with how the story evolved. At one point I even made myself cry. Not because I was frustrated or tired but because a scene moved me that deeply. I've 'laughed' rereading something I wrote, but I'm not sure I ever 'teared up'. That was pretty cool, I have to say.

In light of my zombie-fied brain and body, I declared yesterday a Mental Health day. Although two immediate deadlines were (are) nipping at my conscious, I had to replenish. I spent the entire day on my own, away from the house, shopping for a few summer clothes and treating myself to a movie I'd been dying to see.

   
One word. WOW! The writing was brilliant and the acting top notch. Darkly intense, yet funny. As a screenwriter and director, once again Joss Whedon has delivered big time. I enjoyed The Avengers all the more because I had seen both Ironman movies, plus Thor, and Captain America, so I knew the characters and backstory which only enriched this story. I came away truly inspired. Can't wait to see again!

Today I'm diving into the revisions for my steampunk romance, HER SKY COWBOY, the launch book of The Glorious Victorious Darcys. It's a totally different world than the Cupcake Lovers. I look forward to the adventure. Speaking of Steampunk, I discovered a new artist on Etsy--The Gorgonist! I will be purchasing some of her art for inspiration.

Last but not least in my ramble, I just have to share some incredibly exciting news. I've mentioned my sister Elle J Rossi here many times. As owner of EJR Digital Art, she has designed several promo projects for me, including my new banner at the top of this blog and the new one she made for my FB Timeline.....


But in addition to creating awesome promo banners and book covers, etc... she also writes. Writing is her number one passion and I am proud to say her very hard and wonderful work paid off big time this past week. I am thrilled to announce that Elle just sold her paranormal romance--CLOAKED IN LIGHT--to Crimson Rose, a new romance imprint of Adam's Media!! Congratulations Elle J Rossi! Rock on!    

I just know I could ramble about a few more things, but revisions call! Until next time...

Oh. Wait! Doh! How the heck could I forget. This weekend I also received a few ARCS (advanced reading copies) of FOOL FOR LOVE. (Book 1 of Cupcake Lovers) It's an actual bound copy sent out to reviewers. Not THE finished book, but a BOOK! What a rush! 

And on that note...

Wishing you cheers, cupcakes, and steamalicious reading!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm so glad you are experiencing so much success, although I know you have tight deadlines. You are such a sensational writer! I am looking forward to your new books. Glad you could take a break and see The Avengers (great movie) and shop. Can you take a few days off before starting the next Darcy book?

Roni Denholtz said...

I thought I left my name on the above. Sorry about that! That was written by Roni Denholtz.

Berinn Rae said...

Congrats on everything, Beth! And I love the art!!

Brooks Conner said...

You must be floating on a cloud... which brings me to the sky city painting that you like. It's one of those fanciful pieces of art in which I could spend hours getting lost and fantasizing many adventures. Enjoy it!

Olga said...

Major congratulations to your sister! And your book looks fabulous! Can't wait to read it!