Embracing my Diversity

Every once in awhile I get an itch for change. More than anything, I change my hair color and the look of this blog. Two weeks ago I added blond highlights to my hair. Today--a blog makeover. I changed the background and colors and font, added character profiles to the GVD page.

My multi-talented sister, Elle J Rossi, created the new banner above. Cool, huh? More on that in a minute. Two weeks from now I have an appointment with my fabulous website designer, Rae Monet. We're going to discus a whole new look for my website. For once, it's not just because I have an "itch". It's because, although I love the present hip, adventure, contemporary look, it no longer reflects my upcoming body of work.

In 2012 I'm debuting two new series. THE CUPCAKE LOVERS--contemporary from St. Martin's Press. And THE GLORIOUS VICTORIOUS DARCYS--steampunk romantic fiction from NAL (Penguin). In 2013, I'm participating in a Christmas anthology with authors, Heather Graham, Deborah LeBlanc, and Kathleen Pickering--paranormal romance from Harlequin Nocturne.  In addition to that literary smorgasbord, my backlist also involves historical westerns, a subgenre I adore and could well venture back into at some point.

When writing in different sub-genres, some writers prefer to use different pennames. I didn't go that route. As I think toward the future and the ever popular concept of "author branding", it occurs to me that I should embrace my diversity. A website and a blog that highlight all my work--past, present, and future. I look forward to my web designer's next creation and will let you know as soon as it's live.

Regarding this blog... Gone are the days where I contribute a post on a daily or even weekly basis. Happily, I'm contracted for several books and the majority of my time and energy goes there. I thought it would be more truthful and advantageous to use this "space" for NEWS & EXTRAS. Since I want all readers to have one central place to check in, I'll be deleting the GVD Steamblog. All news regarding all sub-genres will be right here. Extras include character profiles for both new series. There's a page for The Cupcake Lovers and a page for The Darcys. See the tabs above. The Cupcake profile is still a work in progress, but you can peek in. The Darcys are fun. Check them out. More Extras forthcoming.

Since I'm reinventing myself in a way, I've decided to streamline my social networking, pouring time and energy into the ones that work best for me, where people are more interactive, and where I have the most fun. For doses of daily life, pics, musings, and fun questions and quotes join me on FACEBOOK! I'm there more than I should be. Such fun keeping up with everyone. I'm also active on TWITTER, although not nearly to the extent of FB. MySpace is history and Google+ is fast on its heels.

Before I go, I want to give a special nod and thanks to my sister, Elle J Rossi. She's not only an extremely talented singer and writer, but she's also a gifted photographer and digital artist. She created my new header banner that you see above--reflective of all my worlds. I love it!

So what do think? Do you like my new look? Do you read the works of other authors who write in multiple genres? If so, who?


   

Comments

Angela Roe said…
Oh Beth, I LOVE it!!! Looks terrific and the character sketches add so much to your blog site, terrific idea!!!
Mary Stella said…
Outstanding!!

Great work Elle and Beth. I love it!
Elle J Rossi said…
I had a blast working with you today! And I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support!!! I love the new look and am giddy with anticipation for your upcoming releases!
Elle J Rossi said…
Thanks, Mary!!!!!!!!!!
Beth Ciotta said…
Angela, so glad you like the makeover! I like the character profiles as well. Fun! More to come...
Beth Ciotta said…
Thnks, M, and YAY!
Beth Ciotta said…
It was fun, Elle! Can't wait to you officially launch the DA biz! Thank you again. ;)
Tori Lennox said…
The changes are great! :)
Vivienne Moss said…
Love the new look!!! Elle did a fab job on my banner as well!
Beth Ciotta said…
Tori, glad you like. I really must stop staring. It's like a shiny new toy begging for my attention! :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks, V!! And I agree, the banner Elle desined for your awesoem blog is fabulous. I think maybe we get to be in her portfolio. cool, huh?
Roni Denholtz said…
I think it looks great!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks so much, Roni!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All