Crossing Over

Today's post (a rare thing indeed that I'm posting) is about crossing over. Over deadlines and into new worlds.

I'm thrilled to share that I turned in the first book in my new Cupcake Club series ON TIME! That may not sound like a big deal. I had an allotted time to write the book, right? But within that a allotted time other professional duties called and life happened. Some expected events. Some unexpected. That's how it always goes, but scrambling to stay on track and on schedule is always a challenge and more often than not stressful. You can bet I happy danced like a loon when I crossed the finish line and submitted that Cupcake manuscript ON TIME.  Of course, that doesn't mean the book will be on shelves in the coming weeks. There are still several steps in the process--revisions, copy edits, galleys. More bridges to cross. I'm hoping I'll be able to share this books exact release date with you some time next week. Stay tuned.

With that deadline met, I crossed into a new world. The steampunk world of the Glorious Victorious Darcys. Fascinating research and worldbuilding. Challenging for me as a writer in a whole new way and I m loving every minute of it. For deeper insight into that story and series, please visit the GVD Steamblog. I'll post an update along with some pictures. Oh... I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I do have a release date for the first GVD book. AMELIA's story will explode into the world November 2012!

As it happens when writing multiple series for multiple houses, one must juggle multiple deadlines that sometimes, well, cross. Although my head is deep in the Darcys, today I must break away in order to write the proposal for the 2nd book in the Cupcake Series, due Sept. 1. I'm hoping to accomplish this task within a week. A) So I can cross that finish line ON TIME. B) So I can promptly return to The Darcys--full manuscript due November 30, a short scary three months from now.

I recently made a chart laying out all my contracted deadlines, just some of the bridges and finish lines I need to cross in the next two years. It was, at once, intimidating and thrilling. In addition a new project just recently entered my hemisphere, something I'm ultra excited about and dying to share with you. As soon as it's slightly more official, I will shout the news loud and proud. Again... stay tuned!

Moving on to another new landscape, as some of you know, I've been involved the Mr. Romance Competition (featured at the RomanticTimes Booklovers Convention) for several year in capacity as writer, director or co-host. After many successful years, RT has decided to retire the competition. I will miss that aspect, although I didn't have much time to mourn the loss. I've been recruited as the workshop genre captain for Contemporary Romance. As such I'm coordinating two panels featuring industry professionals and top selling authors who'll speak out on two burning topics related to contemporary romance at the 2012 RT Booklovers Convention in Chicago. I've already enlisted a good many of my speakers. In an upcoming post, I'll share the workshops and panel speakers. Maybe I can entice you to join us in Chicago?

At the risk of rambling on about myself, I'm going to switch over and mention someone else who has recently crossed over a new threshold. My dear friend and writing pal, Cynthia Valero, has had her head deep in an intense writing project for a while now and recently decided to start a blog where she could share free writing 'shorts' that have nothing to do with her novel and everything to do with tapping into your imagination and creativity. 10 Minutes to The Universe is a unique blog, sure to entertain and inspire. Please hop over and indulge!

I'll wrap up by sharing a picture from my short trip to Philadelphia this past week to visit my sister Elle who flew in to the City of Brotherly Love to attend a paranormal writers' conference. She's been crossing over in to new lands with fierce dedication and determination. So proud!  She'll be sharing her adventures at Loud Whispers

As for me, I have some deadlines to cross so I best snap to it! Until next time... Peace, Joy, and Cupcakes!       

Comments

Faith V. Smith said…
Wow, Beth, I love the blog! I know changes are a bit crazy at times, but I'm so excited about your upcoming books!

Faith

www.faithvsmith.com
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks so much for the enthusiasm and support, Faith. You ALWAYS make me smile. :)
Anonymous said…
Will you hurry up and accept me as a friend on FB; I'm dieing to comment. Love your books by the way!!! Claire
Brooks Conner said…
Onward and further upward, Rising Star. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Claire... What's your last name? I think I just found you in my FB friend requests and 'confirmed'. Apologies if you've been waiting long. I swear I just confiremd a bunch of people two days ago. Just now when I went in I saw several new names... although it looked as if they'd processed a request awhile back. Weird. Anyway, I hope I got you. Looking forward to hearing from you! Take care! :)
Beth Ciotta said…
From your lips, Brooks!
PatriciaW said…
Very cool, Beth. Congrats on getting your book in. Can't wait to read about the cupcake escapades. You're piquing my interest in steampunk. You and Shelley Adina. I've really got to give that genre a read. It looks like so much fun.
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Patricia! I'm eager to learn the release date of the Cupcake book... and the actual title. LOL Marketing's handling that. AS for Steampunk, much of it ison the dark side, though very imaginative. Mine's on the lighter side. So far anyway. Lots of adventure and fun. :) Hope all is well in your world!
Roni said…
Wow, Beth, you are doing great with keeping to your schedule! You're amazing. I can't wait to read BOTH series!
Beth Ciotta said…
Roni, I'm sure trying. We'll seehow it pans out. LOL
Elle J Rossi said…
Awesome post! You are indeed a very busy woman. I will cherish the time we spent together, but will remember never to let you lead thr trip. We could have ended up in Egypt! Had a blast, though.

Looking forward to all the new projects on your plate!
Beth Ciotta said…
Ah, yes. My horrid sense of direction. I forgot to tell Steve about that. A must. :) Miss you already, sis!
Olga said…
Beth, congratulations in submitting the ms in the Cupcake series on time, and on the release date for Amelia's story! Indeed, you're juggling a lot of deadlines, so I wish you the best of luck to meet them all!
Ancient Egypt said…
Smart post admin but i think you need more explanation and more Pics
and I hope to visit my blog and subscribe to me :)
Red Pyramid and Bent Pyramid

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All