Thursday, January 20, 2011

Exciting News!

Fighting the flu (that's not the exciting part), but had to prop myself up at the computer in order to share some mega fantastic news.

For those of you following along, I spent the summer and fall writing multiple story proposals. A lot of hard work, but so worth it. A) I exercised my creativity and writing chops big time... B) I kept my name in the game and garnered some fabulous compliments about my style and voice... C) After clicking with one specific editor, I was afforded an opportunity that I jumped at, heart and soul, and it seems like all the stars and planets were shining on me because (and this is the exciting news)...

St Martin's Press offered me a four-book contract for a series called THE CUPCAKE CLUB! (picture me happy dancing) Sexy, romantic comedies that take place in the same small town, each featuring a new hero and heroine and all revolving around The Cupcake Club.  I'm going to be working with the fabulous Monique Patterson who is an enthusiastic ball of energy just like my agent Amy Moore-Benson. Basking in the positive vibes and celebrating what promises to be a FUN series!

More details ahead! Cheers!
     

14 comments:

Berinn said...

Congratulations!!! Woo hoo!!!

Beth Ciotta said...

Thank you, Berinn! Happy dancing with thoughts of cupcakes in my head. :)

Elle J Rossi said...

And you know how very proud I am of you. I so wish I could give you a hug!

Congratulations, my wonderfully talented sister!

Ellen Fisher said...

Congrats!

Beth Ciotta said...

Elle, I am imagining your arms around me and the both of us jumping up and down like loons! Thank you for all you do my awesome sister and CP!

Beth Ciotta said...

Aw. Thanks so much, Ellen. As you can imagine, I'm pretty darn happy. :)

Tori Lennox said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!

Beth Ciotta said...

Thank you, Tori! Woo-hoo, indeed!

Jordan Summers said...

Oh Beth, I'm SO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! I love Monique. I'm sure as a team you'll make the series fantastic. :)

Beth Ciotta said...

Thank you, Jordan! I'm over the moon! It still doesn't seem real. And I agree. Monique is tres cool. Lucky me. :)

Amanda McIntyre said...

Awesome news, girl!! I'm so inspired by you! Can't wait to read these!

Pamanda

Olga said...

This is indeed mega fantastic news! Major congrats! You totally deserve this. And CUPCAKE CLUB sounds like lots of fun!!!

Beth Ciotta said...

Pamanda and Olga, thanks so much for the congrats. Still happy dancing here in Jersey (when not writing, of course).

Beth Ciotta said...

Ellen F! How did I miss your congrats? So sorry! Thank you!!