Over the River and Through the Woods

Or more accurately.... Up the parkway and over the bridge. 

Because of our jobs, my husband and I or at least one of us has always had to work on Thanksgiving. That's not to say that we don't fix a Thanksgiving meal, but it's always just the two of us. This year we're both off for not only Thanksgiving, but the day after! Hence we're treating ourselves and driving up to my in-laws. This involves driving through parts of NYC. The traffic will no doubt be horrendous, but it will be worth it.

This past year, I've truly learned how very short life is and how we must make special effort to spend time with those we love. I wish I had even more time off so I could whisk to Indiana to see my mom and sisters. Maybe next year. This year, I'm fortunate enough to spend a bit of time with my Mom and Dad C and my brother and sister in-law. And Steve. Oh, and Cheyenne and Nia! The doggies are coming with us, too. A full house, great food, and a fun time. Yay!

This Thanksgiving, I'm counting my blessings more than ever. I'm grateful for my loving family and friends and my good health. I am blessed.

What about you? What are your plans? What are you grateful for?
     

Comments

Berinn said…
Great post, Beth. Have a wonderful holiday with family.
I'm heading the opposite direction - down to my mother-in-law's in Arkansas. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather.
Elle J Rossi said…
And I'm headed to Indiana. Will hug and kiss everyone for you!

I'm thankful for my memories...

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All