BookExpo America

I spent last night packing for an upcoming trip to New York City. Part business/Part pleasure. The business side involves attending BookExpo America, also known as BEA. It's a huge tradeshow for publishers. Huge! I've attended a few times and I am always overwhelmed. In addition to signing copies of OUT OF EDEN and chatting with booksellers and librarians, I'll also have the opportunity to float around and to collect books from a few of my favorite authors.  

While scanning the autographing list, I came across one name that surprised me. Rick Springfield. Yup. The pop rock star. It says he's signing a special CD. I don't care what it is. I just want to see him in person! I'll try not to squeal like a starry-eyed teeny bopper.

I'll also have the opportunity to visit with my agent. I alway enjoy a face-to-face with Amy. She's a hoot and she always energizes me!

On the pleasure side... my husband is coming with me. We haven't been away together in quite some time and NYC is one of our favorite places. Looking forward to a little sightseeing and a cuple of romantic dinners! We're also meeting up with my brother and sister-in-law for a spell. Bonus! 

If per chance you are attending BEA, please do stop by to ay hello and to get a complimentary signed copy of OUT OF EDEN.  Here's my signing schedule...

Wedensday, May 26
RWA Booth -- 4pm - 4:30pm

Thursday, May 27
Harlequin Booth -- 11am - 11:45am

Hope to see you there!

Comments

Tori Lennox said…
The BookExpo sounds fun!

And Rick Springfield is still sexy. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Glad to know it's not just me, Tori. Husband said he'd like to be there just to hear me squeal over RS. I don't think I'll squeal. Pretty sure I'll just blush and stammer, "A longtime fan" if that. :)
Olga said…
I wish I could be there. Have fun at BEA, Beth!
BookWhirl said…
This kind of event is great to meet new author friends. You can learn a lot from each other.
BookWhirl said…
There is so much interesting part on the BookExpo America.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!