A Thrill and A Smile


Friday I received a smile in the mail. Actually, it was a magazine that made me smile. A couple of months ago I was invited to write an article for Simply Books, a small but delicious magazine all about Harlequin books and authors. A magazine that goes to readers and booksellers. Since my upcoming release Out of Eden features a dog, and many of the subscribers are animal lovers, I was asked if I could focus on a 'dog' angle. No problem!
Since the novel's featured dog, Shy, is based on my dog, Cheyenne, I wrote an article that centered on pet adoption and the special role Cheyenne has played in our household--with humans and other animals. Of course, I was thrilled to be included in the magazine, to have a chance to promo Out of Eden, but my two goofiest thrills were:

1) Seeing my name on the cover wedged between NY Bestselling authors Susan Wiggs and Debbie Macomber... (talk about surreal!)

2) Seeing Cheyenne's pic (along with me) big as life next to the article. I showed her the pic, of course, telling her, "You're famous!"

I can't share the article here, but I can share that pic. Ooh, and maybe later I'll try to scan the cover where my name wedged between SW and DM. I'm so easily thrilled.

Comments

Elle J Rossi said…
Wow! That's huge. I'll have to find that article.

Congratulations and way to go!
Beth Ciotta said…
I thought it was pretty cool, Elle. Thanks. :) I think it's only available to subscribers. I have an extra copy I can share with you. Of course that means going to the post office! Gak!
Mary Stella said…
Way to go, B and Cheyenne!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

So it begins...

Happy Thanksgiving!