A Magical Weekend, a Birthday, and a Venture

Life is a whirlwind. As usual. Last weekend I attended the BEA Tradeshow in NYC. I had a lovely lunch with my agent and editor, and later an inspiring meeting with my agent. I visited with author friends and friends at HQN and Medallion Press. I stood in really long lines and got books for my sister and husband. Oh, and a couple for myself. I was bummed about missing Neil Gaimon and F. Paul Wilson but it couldn't be helped. As always BEA was overwhelming and, because of all the walking and standing, a killer on my bad knees. Still, I wouldn' have missed it.

As a bonus my husband came to NYC with me. We booked a lovely suite with great view. We spent quality time with our very good friends, Chris and Kim, and our brother and sister-in-law, John and Nikki. We dined at two superb restaurants and . . . Steve and Chris surprised us all with tickets to Billy Elliot! The show was FANTASTIC! So inspiring!

Also, get this, Chris saw one of my favorite screenwriters standing on a busy street corner. He called Steve, "You know that Silent Bob, dude? I'm standing right next to him." Stevesaid, "That's Kevin Smith. You have got to get his autograph for Beth." Chris didn't have a pen so he bought one then caught back up to that Silent Bob dude.

I am now the proud owner of a generic brown shopping bag with the penned message: Beth, I love you. ~Kevin Smith.

Love is actually a heart. Hee!

It was a magical and much needed weekend.

Reality hit hard when I got home. I am deep, deep, deep in revisions. And I will remain deep within my writing cave for several weeks... except for tonight.

It's my husband's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVE!!!!! We will spend the evening celebrating in our quiet, but romantic way.

Lastly, I'm proud to announce that I'm uniting with my talented sisters, Barb and Brenda, for a joint venture that launches Monday, June 15. Check back for more details and the link in a couple of days.

That's the scoop with me. What about you? What's the most exciting thing that's happened to you recently?

Comments

Wow Beth,
What an opening....the most exciting thing that happened to me recently is I launched a blog last sunday and Joe KONRATH came in TODAY to play Ten questions tuesday with me.

I hope you come over and check it out, Beth...you know what he's like. I had to take a cold shower after. LOL

http://miscellaneousyammering.blogspot.com/

I love Kevin Smith....sent him a script idea once ...but alas...he only uses his own stuff...

Happy celebrating of the hubby's day of birth.

& if you missed me saying it last time (and it's always nice to hear anyway) Loved Evie Ever After!!

Karen :)
Jen Wagner said…
Beth,

So glad you had a wonderful time! A much-needed break and refilling of the creative well. :)

Can't wait to hear more about the joint venture.

Hugs,
Jen :)
Olga said…
Happy Birthday to Steve!!! And I'm happy you had great time, Beth. Sounds fabulous!
Hisle said…
Exciting? Hmm...Good question. The most exciting thing that has happened to me lately is our joint venture!!! Can't wait for the kick off on Monday! More Birthday wishes to my brother, Steve!
flchen1 said…
Whoa--how awesome, Beth! What a fabulous shopping bag to own! ;)

And a huge happy birthday to Steve! Hope you had a lovely celebration!

And cannot wait to hear more about your joint B-sisters (three-Bs?) venture! Woohoo!

As for the most exciting thing? Hmm... only three more days of school left! ;)
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Karen,

I did hop over to read your interview with Joe. FUN-NY! Thanks for sharing!
Beth Ciotta said…
Oops. Meant to say... So glad you enjoyed EEA, Karen. Thanks for letting me know and brightening my day!
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Jen, my creative well could use a few more fill ups, but I'll take what I can get. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Olga, I passed you b-day wishes on to Stve. Thanks so much!

Barb, can't WAIT until Monday!

Fedora, yes, 3 B's. Actually, out of the 7 siblings, 6 start with B! :) Sounds like summer break is almost here for you. Woo-hoo!
Beth,

Nice to see you at my place.

Glad you enjoyed the Q&A with Joe.

You looked like you were having SUCH fun at Romantic Times. I have a burning question for you about the convention ...did Joe follow through on his promise (threat) to read his first sex scene in front of 300 women?

Come back and see me anytime!
Karen :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All