The Dash

How many times do we use a hyphen, a dash, in our writing? I use it quite a bit, but not without thought. That dash (-) always means something very specific to me. However, after receiving an email and link from my sister, Barb, I don't think I'll ever look upon the dash (-) the same way again.

Click here to see what I mean.

It really got me thinking. About life. Happiness. One thing I'm adding to my dash? A trip to Italy with my sister. How about you? What are you adding to your dash?

Comments

B.J. Hisle said…
Besides Italy (which will happen) I am adding more hugs and kissed for my kids. I'm not a very affectionate person, but I would like to work on that...for them!

Barb
Beth Ciotta said…
A) The BJ tripped me up. And you know why. *g*

B) Yes, Italy WILL happen.

C) You're one of the most affectionate people I know--in your heart... where it really counts.

D) Your kids know that, too.
Hisle said…
Tripped me up too. As you can see, I fixed it. Another dash...enjoy life more.
flchen1 said…
Thanks for the reminder, Beth--that was lovely! What to add? Maybe a little more effort in remember that small things/efforts can please others, and taking a little extra time can make a day more pleasing for all of us going through it. Now just to remember that when the going gets rushed ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!