In Loving Memory


Even though her independent streak was sometimes a challenge...


Billie Ciotta was one of the most loving and affectionate dogs I have ever known.






We adopted Billie from a rescue shelter when she was 2 and had her with us for 14 years. Steve and I were very fortunate to have such a vibrant creature in our lives for so long. She filled our house and hearts with joy and love. She was the best big sister in the world to our other adopted dog, Cheyenne.

And even tolerated, our ornery, but loving cat, Sadie.

Yes, indeed, we were blessed. Still, even though old age finally got the best of her, it was very hard to let go. So very sad.


Yesterday, we said goodbye to our beloved Billie-Boo, aka Billie-Schmoopala, aka Queen Billie... but she will live in our hearts forever. She was always an explorer at heart and now she's exploring the great beyond. Rock on, Billie. We love you!

Comments

cas2ajs said…
My condolences on your family's loss. The pictures show what a wonderful life Billie enjoyed with you. Bless you for rescuing her all those years ago and giving her a loving home.

Cheryl S.
Maria Zannini said…
I'm so sorry, Beth. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Beth: I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Many hugs to you and your family.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard saying good-bye to our furry babies. Make sure you have extra hugs for Cheyenne and Sadie.
Beth Ciotta said…
You're all so kind. Thank you for your warm thoughts. We're a little numb today. But the happy memories are starting to take over the crushing sadness. A good sign, yes? Except... it's still painful to look at her sweet pictures. Looking forward to when it's not.
Mary Stella said…
Rest in peace, my sweet friend Billie. You were very special indeed. Big hugs to you, Beth, and Steve, Cheyenne, and Sadie.
Beth, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. It's never easy to say godbye to such a treasured friend. Hugs sent your way, too.
Tori Lennox said…
I'm so sorry to hear about Billie. *hugs* to you all.
Olga said…
Beth, I'm so, so sorry. Lots of hugs to you and yours in this difficult for you time.
sharon w. said…
Oh Beth, I'm so sorry, about Billie, she looked like a sweet baby. She gave you many years of love, and companionship, for the love and care you gave her. Like others have said, many hugs.
Beth Ciotta said…
So many tender and warm wishes. I'm touched . . . and comforted. Thank you, ladies. Truly.
Anna Lucia said…
Oh, no. Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. ((((((hugs))))) You were great doggie-parents.
flchen1 said…
Huge hugs, Beth--I'm so so sorry about Billie :(
HelenKay Dimon said…
I am so sorry. It's just awful losing a beloved pet. Big hugs.
Roni said…
Oh Beth! I know how special all your fur babies are to you and Steve. I am sure she is romping around there at the Rainbow Bridge and someday you will be reunited. Until then, hugs to you and Steve and Cheyenne and Sadie.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All