Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cool News Update

Popping in with some cool news. Recently I was interviewed along with--Sarah Wendell, coauthor of Beyond Heaving Bosoms: The Smart Bitches' Guide to Romance Novels, Shobhan Bantwal author of The Forbidden Daughter, and Stephanie Julian, author of the Magical Seduction Series--for an article focusing on cliches in the romance genre. Today it ran in The Philadelphia Inquirer and I was blown away. A positive and entertaining article on the romance genre! Kudos to the very talented and kind journalist and published author, Jen A. Miller.

Bonus.
Writing romances, without the cliches can be read on-line!

P.S. If you click on the image, you'll see that ther are additional pics. I'm in #2. The cute one is my dog, Cheyenne.

P.S.S. If you haven't entered the Pre-Evie Celebration giveaway, be sure to scroll down to the next post!

6 comments:

Olga said...

Beth, this is awesome news! Congrats on the interview and the wonderful article!

mizwrite said...

Hey, that was a really great article! I saw it posted on Twitter, actually, and came over here to your blog to say congrats! You make romance writing seem as smart and fun as it is! ; )

Beth Ciotta said...

Olga, I'm glad you enjoyed it. AS always... thank you for you amazing support!

Mizwrite--awesome name BTW--you mean someone really reads my Twitter tweets? How awesome! Thank you for your kind words. :)

olga said...

Beth, you're more than welcome!

mizwrite said...

Hi, Beth! Actually, someone else had posted it on Twitter -- there were a lot of fans for the article! It really did make romance writing look good -- blasting that terrible image of lonely women writing with their 200 cats! ; ) You're so cute and happy and perky, so that was a nice way to put the career into a more updated and realistic perspective. Definitely something to be proud of!

mizwrite said...

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my blog name! I'm just getting started, so any advice, comments, encouragement is more than welcome! In fact, today I'm blogging about (meaning asking about) how to edit your own 100,000-word novel! Ack! So daunting. ... So if you have tips and advice, please leave them! And feel free to promote "Evie" -- I think my readers/friends would really like your books ...