Trolling For Self-Centered Thoughts

Apologies again for missing last Tuesday. I had plenty of topics, just no time!

Before I get started, as I write this, my profile photo is MISSING. I'm too burnt to figure out why. Hopefully this is just a Blogger glitch.

So, where was I? I mean really. Where was I last Tuesday?

First I got waylaid by the inauguration festivities. But that's understandable, right? So historical. So exciting. And yes, I shed more than a few tears. My name is Beth and I'm a sap!

Then I received an email from my editor saying she needed detailed info for a marketing meeting about the book I'm almost done writing. Pronto. I'm a slug bug when it comes to these forms and thus this became a four hour project.

Then there was the 'where's my career going' phone call with my agent. Another hour or more. But very inspiring.

Before I knew it, Tuesday had come and gone.

Followed, uber busy days at the library and nights devoted to deadline writing.

Before I knew it, a week had passed.

So here I am. Another Topical Tuesday and I PROMISED myself I'd blog a thought-provoking post. Only my brain is clogged with self-centered thoughts. Like . . . why do I look older in pictures than in person? And . . . Please, God, I hope I sound half way intelligent when that newspaper interview is released. And . . . The reviews for Evie Ever After sould start rolling in any day now--let the nail biting commence! And . . . Did my butt look big in the pants I wore today?

Ah, yes. The frantic musings of an insecure artist (and woman).

Won't you make me feel better and play along? My blog space is your vent place. Share a self-centered thought and make this woman smile.

Comments

Mary Stella said…
So many self-centered thoughts, so little time.

Why can't people accept reality when I explain it to them and stop beating a subject to death?

If I weigh the same that I did the last time I wore a particular great outfit and thought I looked pretty sharp, why am I so sure I look dumpy and frumpy in it today?

Why didn't I get the gene that likes to spend lots of time, and product, making sure my hair is perfect? No, why didn't I get absolutely perfect hair that effortlessly falls into place and looks terrific without blowdrying, styling, and gunky products?

Why . . . oh geez. That's enough for one comment! LOL

The word verification is blenti which means blog plenty
Olga said…
Self-centered thought? People should invent self-cleaning bathrooms. Seriously. Of course, a much bigger dream that a cure for diabetes would be found...
flchen1 said…
Hugs, Beth! Seriously, Olga, I'm all for self-cleaning bathrooms, but would love to see that concept expanded to cover the entire house and contents. Self-cleaning clothes would be especially convenient--what's this persistent laundry thing?!

And uh, do you think people are starting to notice that this is the x-th day in a row I've worn this exact same outfit or one that looks just like it?
Beth Ciotta said…
Ladies, those were some most excellent thoughts. Thank you for shring!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All