Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pre-New Years Itch


I've got ants in my pants. Actually, it's more like a pre-New Year itch. Gearing up for 2009. For the release of Evie Ever After as well as completing two more new new books for HQN. These past two weeks my brain has been churning on a promotion plan for EEA. It's been churning on my overall presence on the web. I recently gave my website a slight overhaul. I'm currently revamping this blog to a once a week feature called "Topical Tuesdays" where I'll be blogging on a variety of subjects, many suggested by you!

Due to Bloggers' ever-changing functions, in order to upload a new template, I now need to delete every widget on this site (of which there are many) and then create them over from scratch. I just dropped by to say I won't be posting for awhile... not until I've made all these changes. Could take me the weekend. Could take me a week. Or, considering I also need to spend mucho time on my WIP, could take longer. So bear with me.

Now onto a rambling update.

Much is going on in my life. Work at the library is good. I've been concentrating on several different projects--organizing efforts mostly. A co-worker asked: "Are you this organized at home?" I laughed. If only.

Thursday, Steve and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary. He gifted me with a beautiful rose quartz heart locket and I presented him with a work of art by a mutual friend. We were both thrilled. :) Plus we had a romantic dinner followed by a movie and champagne. A splendid evening with the prince of my dreams!

This morning I entered Everybody Loves Evie in RWA's RITA contest. Wish me luck!

Last week my boss okayed all of my vaca time for 2009. I'm still dancing on air. For the first time in a very long time, I'll be attending RWA National. And in addition to that, I get to attend BEA and the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention... PLUS indulge in an awesome adventure with my sister, Barb. (More on that later)

I've been terribly distracted lately. Too much on my mind. Too many ideas. I can't even seem to focus enough to return emails. How awful is that? I promise I'll get over it and soon. Like I said, I think it's some sort of pre-New Year itch. I just need to do some scratching.

See you soon....



Custom Post it Note Graphic

UPDATE: Er, as you can see, I've made some major progress. Guess how I spent the last eight hours? And I still have more to do. Tinkering and uploading more to my blogroll and such. So... still a WIP.

More later!


12 comments:

flchen1 said...

Hugs, Beth!! Huge congrats on you and Steve's celebrating 16! That's awesome! :) You do have a ton on your plate, and don't feel bad about disappearing while you get stuff done! Thanks for the update, and will look forward to more when you re-emerge! (Ooh, and yay for an adventure with Barb! Nothing like hanging out with your sister!)

Jordan Summers said...

Happy Anniversary! We celebrated out tenth on the 19th. :) Sounds like things are going well for you. May they continue to do so.

Beth Ciotta said...

Hey flchen1! Always great to see your smiling face--so to speak. :) The new blog site is coming along. Not bad for goober tech me. Thanks for hanging in with me!

Beth Ciotta said...

Hi Jordan!

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Ten years!! Woo-hoo! Wishing you a hundred more!!

Thank you for the good wishes. Right back atcha!

Tammy Yenalavitch said...

Hi Beth,
Congrats on 16 years. Leo and I will celebrate 14 yrs next month. I have missed you on e-harlequin but I completely understand how busy you have been.
Hugs,
Tammy

Tori Lennox said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Love the spiffy new look of the blog!

Beth Ciotta said...

Hi Tammy,

How great to see you here. Thank you for stopping by and thank you for the anniversary congrats! Sending the same warm wishes your and Leo's way. :) 14 years. Woo-hoo!

As to eHarlequin, I posted this same note, or a similar note anyway, there. I hope to get back there on a more regular basis SOON! AS for Facebook, I'm still having a hard timefigurin that place out. *sigh*

Beth Ciotta said...

Thanks, Tori! I'm liking it too. Still figuring outsome aspects. Like I needed another WIP, but that's so typical me. Taking on a new project when I've already got too man. Hee!

Olga said...

Awesome new look! And congrats on the anniversary! And, of course, best of luck in Rita!

Beth Ciotta said...

Thank you, thank you, and thank you, Olga!

I so appreciate your awesome support. :)

NOTE TO BLOGGER: why are there no smiley (and assorted other) faces here? *sigh*

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!

Looks like 2009 will be an awesome year for you (and your readers!). Hope it's everything you're dreaming of!!!

Beth Ciotta said...

I'll take those good wishes, Jen! Thanks so much. Wishing you a fab new year as well. :)