Dear Diary,

I know. I know. I've been away forever. I also owe countless people replies to emails. I'm a horrible person. Well, not horrible really. Overwhelmed.

Although I have fallen behind in correspondance, I have reached various others goals. For instance... attending to and turning in line edits for Evie Ever After. And proofing a chapter excerpt for my upcoming book, Out of Eden. I also brainstormed the heck out of Out of Eden with my CP, Cyndi. I'm happy to say we worked past my block and I'm currently jamming on that quirky tale.

I also spent the last few days revamping my website. Please do check it out when you have a chance.

Today I took a vaca day from the library to attend NAIBA, a tradeshow for Independent Booksellers. Today I mingled with fellow published writers as well as booksellers and librarians. Today I felt like an author. It was ... fabulous.

In addition to signing several of my own books for booksellers, I picked up assorted books by fellow authors. Some for me, some for my husband, some for my neice, nephew, and sister, and some for the library I work for. There was an overwhelming presence of Children's books, Young Adult and Non-fiction. Not so much genre fiction. And no romance outside of the booth I signed with. Yet booksellers gobbled up our books like McDonalds fries.

Huh.

Where was I? Ah, yes. My absence. So anyway, I've been mega busy with various aspects of my writing career in addition to spreading my wings at the library. I'm learning more about cataloguing. That's right. Me. The techno-goober. :)

In addition to revamping my website, a new blog is in the works. I'll be using all of your fabulous topic suggestions as a springboard for my new venue. Stay tuned for: Topical Tuesdays.

That's it for now. Just checking in to say: I'm alive!

Enough about me. What's new with you?

***

WRITING: Turned in line edits for EEA. Revised first few chaps of Out of Eden. Revamped website. Created promo material.
RECREATION: Does surfing for new blog templates count?
EXERCISE: Does typing count?
DIET: I haven't weighed myself in two weeks. Crap.
MOOD: Determined.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you've got something to say." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comments

flchen1 said…
Hi, Beth!! You've been insanely busy! That's good ;) Thanks for the update--I love reading those! As for me, we've been trying to get into a rhythm with school and extracurriculars, and figuring out if the youngest is ready to give up napping... (I'm not--can't I take a nap??) Also, I agreed to beta-read for an author, and while I enjoyed dipping my toe back into the editorial pool, the first "project" I finished was WAY more involved than I'd anticipated, leading me to believe that I'm not really ready to go back to doing this for pay yet... Need a beta-reader? ;)
Tori Lennox said…
Nothing much going on here. My life is dull. *g*
Olga said…
Wow, you've been incredibly busy! Thanks for the update, and I'm looking forward to all the changes on you website and blog!
Beth Ciotta said…
flchen... Indeed I have been busy. Gak! Then again everyone is busy. These days seems we're all runnin around like nutheads. Like you. School. Extras. KIDS. WORK. Sleep? What's sleep? :)

Oh, and... me being clueless... what's a beta reader??
Beth Ciotta said…
Oh, Tori. Your life dull? I find that hard to believe.

Olga, I know I owe you an email. It's coming soon. I swear!
flchen1 said…
Beth, not being clueless at all--I'm not even sure about this term myself, but my understanding is that it's sort of like a beta-tester would be for software--someone who does a read during the story's development to offer feedback along the way. I imagine that not all writers work the same way, and some prefer for more or fewer eyes to look over their stuff before they get to a final manuscript. And I don't know what the process is for Harlequin or other publishers, but I assume that your editor would take care of that for the most part? (both the content and the proof-reading parts?)

Anyway, sorry to ramble--I clearly need sleep! ;)
Blogger said…
Swag Bucks is an high paying work from home site.

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved!

Happy Thanksgiving!