Dear Diary,

Holy cow. It's flipping mid-August. How did that happen? In less than two weeks I'll be heading down south for Heather Graham's Writers for New Orleans Conference. In addition to moderating a workshop, I'll be performing in a musical theater show written by Heather. I have a script to memorize, songs to learn. I need to dig through my multitudes of costumes and dig out a pirate ensemble suitable to my character Captain Grace-less O' Malley. (I'm a clumsy pirate. What fun!) Oh, and I need to organize promo items plus a giveaway--and pack!

In the meantime, although I did finish and turn in the additional chapters of Evie Ever After, I'm still in the process of a total read-through and tweaking. Due date: this week.

Coming up this weekend, dinner and dancing with best girlfriends from my entertainment circle. We're celebrating one friend's birthday and wishing another 'farewell' as she prepares to move across country. I need to buy gifts. I need to find something to wear! Gak!

In the meantime, time is ticking on the next contracted book. I brainstormed with Cyndi, my wondrous CP and friend, this past weekend and she came up with a brilliant solution to my problematic plot. It means some major rewriting, but it all good. Definitely for the better. I just need to dig in and do it.

Although my head is spinning at least my brain's not exploding. Yet. Needless to say the only way to get all of the above done in the next two weeks is to stay focused and away from the Internet. It stinks because it makes me feel out of touch, but a girl's gotta do what a .... blah, blah, blah.

Will check in when I can!
*************************
WRITING: Completed additions to EVIE EVER AFTER. Working on tweaking said manuscript. Brainstormed and blasted through blocks on the WIP plus the new mystery series!
RECREATION: Attended the NY Renn Faire with Cyndi. Fun and inspiring!
EXERCISE: Got back on track with my powerwalking.
DIET: Cheated something awful this past weekend due to the delicious Renn Faire food. Ah, well. Got back on track yesterday.
MOOD: Scattered.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." -- unknown

Comments

Sharon w. said…
Goodness, I've never been first on your blog;) It sounds like you're under extreme pressure, but it also sounds like you're enjoying everything. Of course, I'm sitting here in our frontroom, and the hardest thing I have to do is write to you. Anyway, with all the running here and there, don't forget to have fun, too. Can hardly wait for the next Evie, and appreciate all the rewriting and adjusting you're doing.
flchen1 said…
Wow, hang in there! You've got a lot on your plate--we'll be looking forward to hearing from you when you can, but don't worry about us! ;) Take care!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All