Dear Diary,

There's nothing more inspiring than someone who's suffered tremendous disappointment, stiffening their spine and using their noggin to make the best out of a crappy situation. I'm speaking of my good friend, author Mary Stella. I'm hoping multitudes of people visit her blog, read her (and numerous other members of RWA) saga, and join in her personal benefit for Literacy. Gooooo, Mary!

In other news, I'm still being featured over Jennifer's Random Musings and loving the responses her readers are posting to some of my questions. Great stuff!! Tomorrow Jennifer's running an interview she conducted with Rome Garrett--the hero of my latest western, THE FALL OF ROME. I can't wait to see what readers have to say to him!

Friends passed on a link to me that I just have to pass on to... well, anyone who peeks at my Diary. Author Libba Bray has written what is quite possibly the funniest and most dead on piece regarding a writer's love affair with her/his manuscript. This is a must read for any writer and I'm thinking readers will get a kick out of this humorous inside look. Click here and feel my pain.

***
WRITING: Wrote all day/night revising the synopsis. The good news is, the changes helped me to see the last 1/4. I think. I'm off to tackle it now.
RECREATION: Does checking email count?
EXERCISE: Because I wrote all day/night I missed my walk yet again. And I really, um, missed it. How weird. Tomorrow I'm walkin' for sure!
DIET: Wheat English muffin with orange marmalade for breakfast. Homemade garden veggie soup for lunch. Huge salad with chick peas for dinner. My overall points were so low, I treated myself to a cup of fat-free ice cream. Yum!
MOOD: Motivated.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "It takes a heap of sense to write good nonsense." --Mark Twain.

Comments

Mary Stella said…
Thanks for promoting the Literacy benefit and sending people to my blog, B!
Beth Ciotta said…
I hope they come in droves, M!!!
*shaking my fist and stupid new rules*
flchen1 said…
Thanks for the heads up on Mary's situation--how ridiculous! Loving your visit at Jennifer's! (And uh, I'm not sure if e-mail counts, but I'm right there with you!)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!