Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dear Diary,

Photographic evidence of my fabulous day at the library....








My co-workers and friends (a truly fun and supportive group)






The cake! (it was worth the WW points *g)









The book discussion! (I have no idea why I look so intense. Jeesh.)





*********
WRITING: Making major headway on the synopsis. Yes!
RECREATION: None.
EXERCISE: Zip. Came straight home from work and started typing. My fingers and brain got exercised plenty.
DIET: Weigh-in was this morning. I didn't lose any pounds this week. *Sigh* It must have been the cake. Oh, and I didn't watch my portions as well as I should have this past week. At least I didn't gain any weight. I'm still 10 pounds lighter than I was. This week I'll do better. I'm determined!
MOOD: Good. Determined.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Really, in the end, the only thing that can make you a writer is the person that you are, the intensity of your feeling, the honesty of your vision, the unsentimental acknowledgment of the endless interest of the life around and within you. Virtually nobody can help you deliberately -- many people will help you unintentionally." -- Santha Rama Rau

2 comments:

flchen1 said...

Oh! That is AWESOME, Beth!! What a totally wonderful cake and co-workers and day! Thanks so much for sharing the photos--I'm so pleased for you! (And don't worry about the weigh-in--you're still doing great! It's the numbers in the longer-term graph that tell the story ;))

Beth Ciotta said...

Howdi, Fedora. ;) Thanks for celebrating with me. It really was a fun day. And thanks for the wise words on the weigh-in. MUCH appreciated.