Dear Diary,

I had the most fabulous day. This past month, I was the featured author for my local library's book discussion club. All of my books were on special display. To my delight and relief, all of those books went out... again and again. How exciting that so many people are reading my stories!

Today, I was a featured speaker for the book club. In addition, my boss, the branch manager, Sue, had designated today as party day in celebration of my newest historical western romance, The Fall of Rome. All of my co-workers wore country attire complete with cowboy hats and bandanna's. The library gave away cool wild west notepads and there was an awesome, delicious cake displaying the cover of The Fall of Rome.

I know I have several books published. I know I'm growing in craft and popularity with each published work. But I'm still delighted and astonished when readers celebrate my tales. I was humbled by the attendance. I was enthused by the feedback. I was....

Transported.

Usually, I feel like a senior library assistant who writes by night. Today, I felt like an author who moonlights at the library by day.

My humble thanks to Sue and my co-workers and to everyone who attended today's event.

I am blessed.

*******

WRITING: Still working on the synopsis I mentioned. Ouch.... but awesome!
RECREATION: None.
EXERCISE: Another 30-minute power walk. I'm Hooked!
DIET: I was doing great until I ate a piece of celebration cake. It was so moist, so delicious. Ack! Couldn't help myself. I had a second piece. So what was that? 8 points??
MOOD: Happy
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "All the words I use in my stories can be found in the dictionary -- it's just a matter of arranging them into the right sentences." --Somerset Maugham

Comments

lib sweetheart said…
LOVE UR BLOG KEEP DOIN WAT U DO BEST
sharon w said…
I've been lucky enough to find a few of your older books, and you are right, you are doing it. Your writing is growing, and your writing personality is too.
And, you have every right to feel blessed, and achieving some of your dreams. Congratulations!!!
And, I agree you had a very, very great day.
Sharon W.
Beth Ciotta said…
Glad you like it here, lib sweetheart. Don't be a stranger!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you for seeking out my earlier titles, Sharon. I hope you enjoyed them and I'm really glad you're seeing growth!!

Have a great night!
Mary Stella said…
Awwww, Beth, that's terrific. Your co-workers are wonderful. You deserve all of the good wishes, the book clubs, the parties! Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!