Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dear Diary,


It's here! It's here! The official release day of THE FALL OF ROME! Available now on-line and in bookstores nationwide. Woo-hoo!

I have to admit, this day sort of snuck up on me. Life is a big honkin' blur. I'm waiting for revisions on one story, writing a new story, and brainstorming the proposal of a second new story. The day job at the library has been insane. Summer beach-reading madness. Not that I'm complaining. Gotta love the fact that people are reading! But... what day is it? Oh, yes. RELEASE DAY!

I madly googled... or googled madly (take your pick) and came across these reviews...

"Ciotta strikes gold with this fast-paced, intricately plotted story!" -- 4 stars, Romantic Times BookReviews

"Bookshelves hold few new Western historical romances, which makes Beth Ciotta's Fall of Rome a welcome find. The large cast of characters, including Rome's family and their love interests, make for a rollicking read. --Book Page

"Ms. Ciotta brings her characters to life with perfect pitch dialogue and emotional realism while keeping the action fast-paced and the humor flowing!" Five Spurs! -- Love Western Romances

"The return of PMA agents and their spouses (see ROMANCING THE WEST) enhances an enjoyable second chance at love western romance in THE FALL OF ROME. Beth Ciotta provides another excellent Reconstruction Era tale (see LASSO THE MOON). --Harriet Klausner, Genre Go Round Reviews
Truth known, I've been more worried than usual about incoming reviews. This story gave me fits. I honestly didn't know what to think when I finished it although I did know it was a bit intense compared to my normal lighthearted fare. I'm relieved to know that, though a bit different (for me), The Fall of Rome is being well received. I hope readers are equally pleased.
To make this day even more interesting, the radio interview I did with Medallion Press's publicist, Paul Ohlson, went live today on blogtalkradio. Thankfully, I don't sound like a total goober, just a partial one. Which I guess makes me a goob.
Curious? You can listen to the interview at Medallion Press Radio.
** I just found a way to add the radio interview here! Look to the right sidebar (under The Fall of Rome book cover) for blogtalkradio and press play. How cool!
********
WRITING: Eeking out the proposal for a new book. Updated website and blogs.
RECREATION: Watched the movie Dan In Real Life. I really enjoyed this quirky romantic comedy, although it would have been even stronger if Dan had dealt better with his middle daughter's issue--especially after feeling what she was feeling for himself.
EXERCISE: I've been working my buns off at the library. LOTS of shelving and such. That's go to count for something.
DIET: Still on track!
MOOD: Good, though a bit anxious.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Fiction is the truth inside the lie." -- Stephen King

6 comments:

Mary Stella said...

Dear Beth's Diary, and readers of Beth's Diary,

I read Fall of Rome over the weekend. It's terrific. Very entertaining read with characters you have to root for!

Way to go, Beth!

sharon w said...

I'm in complete agreement with Mary Stella, Fall of Rome, is just great. I finished it this morning, and I loved it. I liked hearing about London, and his lady, and I liked the way it ended.
Congratulations, Beth, I think you have another winner. And, you keep getting better, and better.
It sounds like you & Steve's last weekend visiting helped you focus on your WIP.

Beth Ciotta said...

Mary, I'm so glad you enjoyed the read! Thank you for the shout of enthusiasm. :)

Beth Ciotta said...

Hi Sharon! Thank you for your kind words. I'm thrilled you enjoyed the story. I have to admit, I loved writing London's tale every bit as much as Rome's. And I'm so glad you liked the ending. :)

As for Steve and my weekend... you're right. Just what I needed!

Cynthia Valero said...

Congrats on the release, B!

FOR is a spirited and emotional read.

Beth Ciotta said...

THANK YOU, C!!!! :-)