Dear Diary,

A few months ago Barbara Vey (of Publisher Weekly blog fame) told me about Google Alerts. I immediately signed up. Talk about a handy device. Now anytime someone writes something about me and/or my books on the Internet, I get an email providing me with the link. It's especially helpful at a time like this when I'm awaiting reviews on a new book. This week alone I got an alert about a review for The Fall of Rome and an alert for an interview I did awhile back with Ambrose Musiyiwa. Thank you, Barbara!

**********
WRITING: Lots of research and freewriting over the last few days that resulted in the story idea for a proposal I need to turn in. Blurb written. Synopsis partially written.
RECREATION: Zip
EXERCISE: 30 minute power walk one day. Zip for two other days. Need to get back to a daily routine. I seem less motivated when I'm obsessing on a story. I'd rather write than exercise!
DIET: The weekend with my in-laws and that family picnic hurt a little, but even so this week I managed to lose another pound! That's 8 pounds lost total in three weeks. Progress!
MOOD: Good, but tired.
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

Comments

Barbara Vey said…
I just got a Google alert that you wrote about me! I love google alerts.
Tori Lennox said…
I love Google Alerts! I get them for stuff I'm researching too. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks again for the tip, Barbara!

Hey, Tori, that's a fabulous tip as well. Alerts for research. Thanks!
Shakespere said…
Hi. I really enjoyed your blog. Wonderful writing and layout.
flchen1 said…
Hmm... I don't think I've ever tried Google Alerts! Now I'm intrigued... ;) I'll have to think of something I want to be alerted to! Thanks, Beth, and hooray for walking, even a couple days! I dragged myself back to a dance class this week and rediscovered muscles I'd completely forgotten existed... yow! ;p