Dear Diary,

I've been blindsided by some shocking news. My good friend (and fellow writer), Arianna Hart, recently learned her six-year old daughter, Shannon, has been diagnosed with leukemia. I'm still reeling. I can't imagine how Ari and her family are feeling, let alone that little girl. Thankfully Shannon, like Ari, is spunky and strong and the doctors are very optimistic. Still, the road to recovery will be long and challenging. Ari asked a few of her friends to reach out for special prayers. "We'll take any and all prayers, good wishes, and positive vibes we can."

I'm reaching out to my friends in blogosphere, asking that you think positive healing thoughts for Shannon. If you'd like to leave Ari or Shannon a supportive message, I'll be sure to pass it on.

Peace and joy, Beth

******
WRITING: I wrote two blog posts plus added more content to my WIP notebook.
RECREATION: Watched In Bruges starring Colin Farrell and Brendon Gleeson. Violent, but a fascinating character sturdy. Thumbs up.
EXERCISE: Does shelving tons of books count?
DIET: Still on track with WW! Made a delicious spring vegetable soup from scratch. 0 points!
MOOD: Sad, but fervently optimistic
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "The strongest and sweetest songs yet remain to be sung." --Walt Whitman (1855-1892)
BLATANT PROMO: Catch my Sunday post on 'gadgets' at Babes In Bookland.

Comments

flchen1 said…
I'm so sorry to hear about Ari's daughter Shannon--I'll definitely keep them in prayer. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now.

Oh, and shelving definitely counts as exercise! (Been there ;))
HelenKay said…
I'm so sorry to hear about Shannon's diagnosis. Sending good thoughts the family's way.
Tori Lennox said…
How sad. :( Shannon's in my prayers.
Beth Ciotta said…
Ladies, thank you for your warm words. I'll be passing them on. Shannon came through her first surgery today like a champ. We're all shaking our pom-poms and cheering her on. Your positive thoughts are a blessing. :)
Sharon W. said…
I'm so sorry to hear about Shannon's diagnosis, and we will certainly put her in our prayers.

With friends like yourself, and family around Shannon, and her Mom will go through this terrible time a tad easier.

and, we're still proud of you for the weight loss.
Beth Ciotta said…
I know Shannon and family will greatly appreciate your prayers, Sharon.

And thank you for the weight loss cheer. You guys are definitely helping me to stay on track!
Will be keeping Shannon, Ariana, and their family in my thoughts. I can't imagine. My heart goes out to them.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

So it begins...

Happy Thanksgiving!