Dear Diary,

Crap. I can already feel the strain of trying to do something recreational/social and exercising while still setting aside sufficient time for writing on a day when work at the library. This isn't a cop out, I swear. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Unless I sleep less. Obviously, I won't be able to watch a movie to TV every night. Maybe every two. As for getting together with friends. I've already fallen behind on that, too. 'Getting a life' is definitely a work in progress.'

Speaking of WIPs, tonight I'm digging in earnestly on my next manuscript! No TV! So let it be written, so let it be done.

*****
WRITING: Two days of nothing. The madness must stop.
RECREATION: Watched an old episode of 'Spenser For Hire' with Steve. The show was dated, but Robert Urich sure was cute.
EXERCISE: Loser! And not in a good way. One of those days when I couldn't/didn't squeeze it in.
DIET: The one thing I did right yesterday. Still on track.
MOOD: Anxious
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "One cannot manage too many affairs: like pumpkins in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other." ~~Chinese Proverb

Comments

Olga said…
Beth, don't feel bad! You wear so many hats and do so much, you need to have some rest, too! And, though I'm late, Happy Birthday to Steve (previous post)!
sharon w said…
Now, Beth, you have to forgive yourself, for trying to fit thirty-hour days into a measly twenty-four.
Tomorrow will be better (well, it probably will) and friends will forgive lapses. It sounds like the writing part of your brain is still in high gear, and things will even out.
Be good to yourself.
Mary Stella said…
I loved that series! You're right that Robert Urich was a cute and Avery Brooks was absolutely perfect as Hawk.

Beth, don't let the little you can do keep you from doing the little you can do. How long do you get as a lunch break at the library? Take a 15 minute walk. Three 10 minute walks or two 15 minute walks are as good as one 30 minute walk.
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Olga,

I'll relay your birthday wishes to Steve. Thank you! And thank you also for the supportive cheer. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Sharon, thank you for your wise words. And you're right, yesterday did turn out better than the day before.

As to the writing part of my brain, it took a seven day rest, but now it's kicking back into gear as you said. High gear. Even as I dig in on the current WIP, I'm also brainstorming a new concept entirely. The creative juices are flowing. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Mary, I agree. Not only was Urich great as Spencer, but Brooks played Hawk beautifully. Just the right combo of wit and tough guy!

Thank you for the suggestion of the lunch time walk. Good thinking!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

So it begins...

Happy Thanksgiving!