Dear Diary,

I'm tired of not having a life, so I'm getting one. That means making time in my day for recreation or a social engagement no matter how crazy busy I am. All work and no play has made me one boring and frazzled person. All work and no exercise has made me overweight and sluggish.

I'm a work-a-holic. An anal, insecure work-o-holic. An anal, insecure work-a-holic who hates to exercise and loves to eat whatever I'm craving. My poor exercise and diet habits didn't seem to matter when I was in my twenties and thirties. At least they didn't effect my stamina and weight. Now I'm in my forties and, dang it, it matters. What the heck happened to my metabolism? I don't want to be stick skinny, but I don't want flabby arms, hippo hips and writer's butt either.

Bottom line, in addition to getting a life, I need to alter some daily habits. Three days ago I started a Weight Watchers plan. I'm not only watching what I eat, I'm writing it down. Crazy, but it helps to keep me on track. I'm also exercising. Hate it, but I'm doing it. Maybe I need to write that down, too.

In the past week, I've seen three movies, met and dined with three seperate friends and read two books. Next week I'm starting on my next deadline book and I can already feel myself shrinking away from recreation to commit anally and totally to that book. Hmm. Maybe I need to write down how I'm filling my creative well, too. Maybe it will help to alter my lifestyle if I list the things I want to be aware of or accountable for. It's worth a shot anyway. And while I'm at it I'll list a motivational quote as a perk-me up. I can do this. Go, Beth, go.

*********
Writing: A Diary entry and one blog post on 'Unlikely Heroes'. Read the 1st three chaps of my new WIP--mulling the characters, thinking ahead.
Recreation: Reading Susan Mallery's 'Tempting' (enjoying!). Watched DVD-No Reservations (loved it!)
Exercise: Stationary bike, sit-ups, arm weights, butt crunches (25 min)
Diet: Day three of WW. Haven't slipped yet!
Mood: Focused. Determined.
Quote of the Day: "Never underestimate your power to change yourself; never overestimate your power to change other." ~~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Blatant Promo: Today I blogged at Babes in Bookland!

Comments

flchen1 said…
Go, Beth, go! I love the new colors! And I'm liking the new format so far--it's a good reminder for me for my personal goals, too :)
Nancy Henderson said…
You can do it! I need to get back on Weight Watchers too. I need to get some of the SmartOnes dinners. That makes it so much easier.

You can do it! One day at a time!
Anna Lucia said…
Go Beth! You can do it!

I have a lot of sympathy with your goals and aims...
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you, ladies! Your cheerleading is greatly appreciated. You can reach your goals to. List them somewhere where you can see them every day. Go, go, go!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All