London at Leisure

I couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather for my last day in London. The sun has been beaming all day and the temperature is quite mild. Instead of running about, squeezing in last minute sightseeing, I've been taking it slow. Steve joined a friend to hit a couple of museums. I strolled Charring Cross Road and Leicester Square--window shopping and people watching mostly. Although I did stop in the Murder One, a bookstore that carries several of my books. I did my, "Hello, I'm an author and you have a few of my books. Do you allow stock signings?" bit. Happy to report they were thrilled to have me sign my books. I dread the day when I'm turned away. How mortifying would that be? And, yes, I've heard it happens once in a blue moon.

For those of you who asked about the pictures I took of Daniel Craig at the red carpet event the other night... I'll post those when I get home. In the meantime, here's something to hold you over. A press shot of what I experienced live.
Yesterday, I attended the London Book Fair. I expected it to be more like BEA where authors are heavily featured and advance copies and signed copies of books are plentiful and free to attendees. Sadly, that wasn't the case. Present were tons of publishers from across the world, as well as distributors, like Ingram, Baker & Taylor, and IPG, and several high powered literary agents. They were focused on business. Making deals. Selling foreign rights and such. I strolled the floor, met a couple of people at Ingram and also introduced myself at the Harlequin Mills and Boon booth. Tonight I'm attending a cocktail party hosted by Ingram. Looking forward to the casual networking opportunity, although I'm really glad my husband and a couple of friends will be there, too, as I can be terribly shy when on my own.
Saw an incredible musical last night. Spamalot. Laughed my butt off! I'm a huge Monty Python fan, so I was thrilled that the non-Python cast pulled off Python humor so spot on. This show was truly a highlight of my trip.
So much to share, but I'm off to enjoy the last few hours of my holiday. Cheers!

Comments

flchen1 said…
Oooh! Sounds like you've been plenty busy and you've got lots more to go! Have fun, and thanks for keeping us posted as to the fun you've already had ;) Can't wait for more updates!
Mary Stella said…
Ohhhh, B! Did you actually get real pictures of Daniel Craig? I'm envious! Glad things went well at the London Book Fair and Murder One. Can't wait to hear deets about the Ingram cocktail party!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

So it begins...

Happy Thanksgiving!