Is it me?

Good grief.

Have I truly not blogged for an entire week?! I think I blogged daily for two years straight--honest--but then I took a full-time day job and everything changed. Time and energy is ultra precious. I have contracted deadlines and not enough time in the day. Things like blogging daily, even bi-weekly, slip down a notch on the list of priorities.

Not that I'm whining about my situation, because, hey, I'm lucky to have such problems. I'm published. I'm 'under contract'. I'm luckier than many, so I shall not whine! Not very much any way. *g*

A recent topic of one of the writer's loops I belong to: The more successful you are, the greater the pressure.

It's all perspective and I'll leave it at that.

Back to blogging.

In additon to blogging less, I'm blog hopping less and commenting, well, hardly at all. In kind, I'm noticing less comments on my blog and blogs in general.

Curious. Is it just me or does there seem to be a dip in overall blog activity?

Comments

Olga said…
Beth, hugs on the lack of time. Indeed, time is one of the most precious things in the world. As for blogging, I personally used to blog and blog-hop on a regular basis. Not so much now. I do love blogospere, so hopefully one day...
flchen1 said…
I think it's just a bit of a busy time for many--I know we were in and out of town the past month, and it wasn't always easy to get internet access (*gasp!*) so it's been harder to visit and comment :)

Hugs, and rest assured that we love hearing from you when you have time but are glad you're busy when you don't! Happy March!
charleneteglia said…
I think there's a general lull in blog activity lately. You have to go with your priorities, and those are bound to shift as things change.
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Olga,

I love blogosphere, too, Olga. In fact, it's often a dangerous distraction. I'll never go cold turkey, that's for sure. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Hiya flchen1! What? No internet access? Gads! I'd go nuts! Hope your travels were for pleasure. As always it's a pleasure seeing you here. :) Happy March backatcha!
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Charli. So it's not just me. You've noticed the lull, too. Is it possible that blogging and bloghopping has lost its shine? Or do you think it's just a phase?

The trick, I think, to longevity and popularity is to be able to blog consistantly and to either be wildly entertaining or a fountain of useful information. Some blogs manage to do both and those are the ones I visit faithfully. Otherwise, I just check in once or twice a week to catch up on the blogger's life.

As for my blog, at this rate, I'll soon be typing: Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Unless I get really inspired. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All