Inspiration and Motivation

I spent the evening packing for a writer's conference. Tomorrow I'll hop a bus to NYC to attend my first Novelist Inc. Conference--NINC for short. I've been to a lot of writers conferences, but not NINC, an organization made up exclusively of multi-published authors in multiple genres.

I'm a bit intimidated by the people I'll meet as well as the diverse workshops. I'll learn about writing for soap operas, graphic novels, and the YA market as well as 'writing the breakout novel', 'what's new in publishing' and the 'art of the deal'.

And... as they say... much, much more.

Since the conference is in NYC, representatives from all of the major publishing houses and literary agencies will be present in full force. It's a chance to network and to learn. I intend to make the most of it. (Click here for the list of who's who and what's what.)

I'm so looking forward to immersing myself in the world of publishing with fellow writers. Inspiration and motivation await. Here I come!

What about you? Are you someone who is inspired and driven by others? Or, no mattter your goal, do you find that particular strength by your lonesome?

Comments

flchen1 said…
Have a wonderful weekend, Beth! Hope you find lots of encouragement and inspiration! Personally, I'm a bit too lazy to come up with my own motivation, so I do rely on deadlines and other people's expectations to drive a lot of projects... There it is, the unattractive truth ;)
Cynthia said…
I think that the inspiration of others, quite necessarily, props me up like power line towers across the distance. It shows me the way and keeps me from sagging to the ground under my own weight. But the electricity in the lines has to start with me, from true drive, passion, and energy ... otherwise I'm just self-deluding circuitry--connected to nothing at each end--cluttering God's landscape.
Cynthia said…
B, I forgot to write above that I wish I was at NINC with you! I want to hear all about it when you return. Maybe you can do a blog post and inspire us all!

Love, C
Beth Ciotta said…
flchen1, thanks for the good wishes. I'm having a FABULOUS time. Can't wait to blog about it when I get the chance! Still at the con...
Beth Ciotta said…
Oh, Cyndi, what a fabulous comment on inspiration! Only you could would it as such.

I wish you were here, too. You'd love it! Will try to create some inspiring blog posts upon my return!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!