MIA and the Oscars

It feels as though I have abandoned blogosphere. I'm not visiting my favorite blogs daily, nor am I posting on a regular basis. My brain is full and focused on my deadline book. There aren't enough hours in the day and all that. I'm hoping this is temporary, because I really miss blogoshere and all the witty and delightful inhabitants.

Last night, I only watched an hour and a half of the Oscars. Two hours if you count 'red carpet arrivals'. And I only half-watched because I was trying to write.

Adore Jon Stewart, but otherwise the show was kind of boring anyway. Had a moment of insane envy when Kathrine Heigl announced--Why can't I look like that? And was bummed that I missed the performance of Marketa Irglova and her partner Glen Hansard. I recently saw ONCE and love, love, loved the music. Every. Single. Song. I own the soundtrack and it provides me with inspiration like you can't believe. So thrilled that these Indie writer/musicians won for Best Original Song--but I missed their shining moment! As well as Daniel Day-Lewis's. I'm so happy his work was recognized, because he is truly one of a kind.

Luckily sitcom/screenwriter Ken Levine offered his annual recap--as only Ken can do, so I don't feel like I missed out on too much. Check it out.

Okay. Back to my WIP. Meanwhile, here's a clip from ONCE and the song that one Best Original song. It rocks. So much heart. And what is art without heart?

Comments

Cynthia said…
I loved ONCE, such a wonderful movie I'll have to either rent again or actually purchase. I was thrilled to see "Falling Slowly" win the Oscar. Only one problem. I saw the movie about six, maybe eight weeks ago, and I JUST got the song out of my head. I've been hearing it in my head all day today. Wonder how long it will linger this time?
Bob said…
Is boring becoming the new interesting? Let's hope not. Oscars provided good background for working, though, as you say.
Lara said…
I blogged about Falling Slowly too, Beth! It's such a tender, honest song. I've had it floating around in my head since the Oscars (first time I heard it). Now that I see your rec for the full soundtrack, I think I'm going to have to buy it!

BTW, I'm awaiting an Amazon shipment that contains Evie #2. Can't wait to dig in!

Hugs....
Beth Ciotta said…
Cynthia , not only is "Falling Slowly" stuck in my head, but quite a few other songs from the movie haunt me as well. I'v decided I NEED TO OWN THIS MOVIE. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Bob, it's not just me, right? The show did lack zing, yes?
Beth Ciotta said…
Lara, rent the movie!! Buy the soundtrack but watch the movie as well. It's called ONCE. It's a tiny little Indie film, made on a shoestring budget. Not a compicated plot, but a poiniant one. It actually qualifies as a modern day musical. The stars performances, the music... it's inspired. :)
Stacie said…
Hi Beth! Long time no speak, but....

You're right--the oscars were completely zing-less. Even the performances. I did see Amy Adams (loved "Enchanted"!!) and Johnny Depp, though! I did like "Falling Slowly," but I was rooting for one of the songs from "Enchanted."

Anyway, can't wait for your next book (when I'll finally have time to read it!)!! I've got so many books to catch up on! Just thought I'd drop in and say hello