Wonderful and Wonky

Perhaps you've noticed I'm giving my blog a makeover. It's a work in progress so pardon my dust. I'm still inputting links for my blog roll and I can't get my professional headshot to upload to my profile (maybe the file's too big?), but I'm getting there. The one new feature that I discovered and love is the tool in the sidebar that allowed me to upload my book promo video. Very cool. And a slideshow allows me to feature random shots of 'couples in love'. Also cool (though some are quite hot--yowza).

Anyhoo, no, I don't have time to fiddle with this WIP when a very important WIP is due almost ASAP. But I came down with a horrible chest cold and I couldn't focus and write yesterday, so at least this makeover was productive. Maybe it's the New Year, a new feeling that grows stronger every day that I've entered a new phase of my life, but I've been itching to makeover this blog, my website, and myself. Undecided on the 'look' of the latter two.

Moving on...

The last few days have been wonderful and wonky.

Wonky: Thursday I somehow strained my back shelving books at the library. Ouch. Major ouch. An ouch that got me sent home. Friday it was still extremely painful so I missed another day of work. I wish I could could say I spent the day writing. Unfortunately, I felt too miserable to focus properly. Bleh.

Wonderful: This was a big weekend for my good friend Mary Stella. Though she now lives in Florida, she grew up and spent most of her adult life in New Jersey, so this was her chosen location for a special birthday celebration. Friends and family drove and flew in from all over to party with Mary on Saturday night. Due to a hot shower, pain relievers, and gently working my muscles, my back felt much better by Friday evening and I was able to join a few friends (including Cyndi Valero, my friend and critique partner, who drove down from Northern Jersey) for dinner as previously planned with Mary. We were joined by author friends Kathy Love, Erin McCarthy, and Arianna Hart. A good time was had by all!

Wonky: Saturday morning Cyndi (who was staying with me) woke up with the FLU! Poor thing! And after traveling all that way to attend Mary's party. Thus she was unable to attend the celebration with me. *Sigh*

Wonderful: Mary knows how to throw a party! The food was fabulous as was the band and the company. Mary gave a beautiful toast to her friends and family and we all celebrated her landmark birthday by talking, laughing, and dancing the night away. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY!!!!!

Wonky: Sunday morning I woke up with no voice and a terrible chest cold! Jeesh! Cyndi felt better, good enough to drive home, and although we didn't get to do all the things we wanted, we consider any time together a blessing. I missed Mary's birthday breakfast because I conked out after taking cold medication. I also missed saying goodbye in person before she returned home. Stupid cold.

Wonderful: Although I felt incredibly crummy, I did accomplish a little writing and started this blog makeover.

Wonky: Today, my cold feels worse, not better. But I am determined to be productive. I will focus. I will write.

After I have some chicken soup.

So what's new with you? How was your weekend? Wonderful? Wonky? Or both?

Comments

Tori Lennox said…
I love the new look! :)
charleneteglia said…
Nice makeover, Beth!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you, Tori and Charli! I'm really liking it. :-)
Constance said…
It's brown! I LOVE brown. A big change from pink and purple. (I should talk, my blog is purple...)

Drink your chicken soup and get better, because in the galactic scheme of things, breathing is important. :)
flchen1 said…
Oy, Beth! Hope you'll be feeling better fast! Our weekend was mostly wonderful, thankfully, just enjoying the last few vacation days before the kids headed back to school (today). The big storms out here did get everything really wet and knocked a tree down into our house, but we didn't lose power (amazing for us, since we usually do when it even drizzles) and the tree didn't hit anything :) Hooray!
Julia Templeton said…
Great new look, Beth!
Mary's birthday celebration sounds like a great time. Sometimes I really hate that I live on the opposite coast!
Hugs on the strained back and the cold. I hope you feel better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

So it begins...

Happy Thanksgiving!