On the Fly: One Zombie's Ramble

Still alive. Well, not really. Still in the zombie-zone which is just beyond the deadline zone. Day by day moving closer to yet another plain. A plain where body and mind feel totally disconnected, but still, somehow the brain continues to send words to the fingers. Not sure what that plain is called. Hoping the words make sense. Feel like the end will never come but I know it's near. All I can say is that I have learned a lot of lessons while writing this particular book.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week. And Christmas is next month. And New Year's Eve soon after. I'll turn this book in, start on the next and, blink, it will be 2008. I have declared 2008, by the way, as my 'year of change'. More on that later. Back to the book that won't seem to end.

LATER.... So I wrote two more pages then broke to make a late lunch. Soup was a no-brainer (good thing since mine's mush) although I did mull over whether to go with Chicken and Noodle or Italian Wedding. Crackers were a given, although I couldn't decide if I wanted Triscuits or Wheat Thins.

Italian Wedding Soup and Triscuits won out.

While eating, I checked my Amazon numbers, not that they mean anything really, but it's something I'm compelled to do. When I first published, I think I checked these numbers twenty times a day. Now I'm down to once or twice a day and sometimes I even forget. Today I clicked on and saw this:

All About Evie and over 80,000 other books are available to read on Amazon Kindle.

Buy the Kindle Edition for $5.04 (get it in under a minute) or Buy the Mass Market Paperback for $6.99 (get it by Tuesday, Nov 20)

Learn more about Kindle — Amazon's revolutionary wireless reading device.
Of course,I had to click to see what a Kindle looks like. It looks like yet one more electronic gadget that I wouldn't understand how to use. Sort of like my MP3 player. Although my MP3 player didn't cost $400. The Kindle does. It suspect it will come down in cost, but I'm still not sure it's for me. I like to hold an honest to gosh 'book' in my hands when I read. The up and coming generations though... So, hey, if you prefer digital reads, maybe the Kindle is for you. Then you can down load ALL ABOUT EVIE (in under a minute!) and 80,000 other books.
Speaking of books, the one I'm writing beckons.

Comments

Julia Templeton said…
GO-BETH-GO!
;)
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you, my friend! I'm a go-in, Julie. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All