On Writing: Flailing and Faith

I've been struggling with a story for what seems like forever. It's coming. But not easily. And not fast enough.

But at least it's coming.

I'm not the only writer wrestling with an obstinate tale. Check out Neil Gaiman's October15 posts (yes, plural): The view from the end of chapter 8 AND Why Write?

Picked up a cool book at the library book sale: Quotationary. It's huge and filled with... you guessed it... quotes. I love quotes. Smart people saying smart things. Things I'd never think of. Things that motivate me. For instance...

"Faith is not being sure where you're going but going anyway."
~~Frederick Buechner


I don't know who Mr. Buechner is, but I like what he has to say. Not sure I'm taking the next chapter of my WIP in the right direction, but I'm going anyway. I've got faith.

Comments

Cynthia said…
Tell me about it. It's probably THE most important thing in writing or any creative endeavor. Sometimes we have to get it down one way in order to see the way we really want it.

BTW, you're making amazing progress! I'll give you credit where you won't!

Hugs, C

BTW, I see you were a pudge baby like me!
flchen1 said…
Like that quote! Hang in there! :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Hey C! Thank you for the kind words. Right back atcha!

Oh, and yes, I was certainly, ahem, healthy. :-)
Beth Ciotta said…
I'm hangin', flchen1!! :-)
Marissa Alwin said…
OMG Love quotes too! I just posted some quotes you might find interesting on my blog!

Keep going!!! don't let the writing demons get you down!
HUGS
Mo