Where I've Been and Where I'll Be

My posts, you may have noticed, are becoming more and more scarce. I thought I could at least manage a steady twice a week.

I thought wrong.

For the present and unforeseeable future, I'll just say that I'll blog when I can. Best not to make any commitments. Just now every spare minute, every creative spark, every brain cell is going into a manuscript that's giving me fits. I guess every writer has an unruly child. This one is mine. And we only have so much time to work out our problems given my day job.

So. That's where I'm at.
In promo news: ROMANCING THE WEST officially hits shelves October 1! An excerpt and reviews forthcoming. Also in the pipeline and coming February 1, EVERYBODY LOVES EVIE. Pre-order now!

In the meantime, here are a couple of fun photos from my weekend in New Orleans at Heather Graham's Writing Conference. Forgive the skimpy narrative.

Author and President of Medallion Press, Helen Rosburg hosted an awesome party upstairs at the world famous karaoke bar--The Cat's Meow. Downstairs, the regular bar patrons partied and performed karaoke. We occasionally snuck down and joined in.



R) Me performing on stage at the Cat's Meow. I didn't know a lot of the songs on the provided song list. But I knew 'Me and Bobby McGee', a Janis Joplin standard that I use to sing regularly when I was performing for a living. It proved a good choice for the rowdy crowd. I actually have a poignant story about this moment, but no time to tell it. Later... hopefully sometime this year!



L) Conference coordinator and decor and costume designer, Connie Perry, her son--film maker Scott Perry, and NYT bestselling author Heather Graham treated the audience to several fun performances!








R) Authors Alexandra Sokoloff, me, F. Paul Wilson and Heather Graham. Yes, I know we look freaky! We'd just performed in a 'zombie' musical.











L) Author Mary Stella and I at the booksigning on Sunday.















R) Me in front of my favorite art gallery on Royal Street--totally devoted to 'The Blue Dog'.






Beautiful historic Jackson Square!
Sorry the pictures and captions are out of whack. I can't figure out how to fix them. Ah, well. You get the idea. I had a great time!

Comments

Mary Stella said…
*jumping up and down* I took that picture of Beth at the Cat's Meow! She's too modest to say it, so I will. Beth didn't just sing Me and Bobby Magee. She brought down the house with her performance. People stopped while strolling Bourbon Street and stared in the window at her. Conversations in the club stopped in mid-sentence while everyone listened. She was outstanding!

Thanks, Beth, for singing. It made my night!
Jordan Summers said…
It looks like you had a great time, Beth. :)
flchen1 said…
Thanks for those pictures and the update, Beth! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! And very sorry to have missed your stellar singing :( (Not much of a singer myself, but make an appreciative audience ;))

Will be looking forward to the new reads! :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Mary, I'm blushing. Thank you, my friend!!

I DID have a great time, Jordan. Except for the stifling humidity. ACK!

Waving to flchen1! Glad you enjoyed the update. It was a fabulous conference and I hope to attend again next year. New Orleans (and Heather Graham) rocks!
RAC said…
I wish I could have seen that karaoke night. And the zombies are truly, awfully frightening.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All