On Writing--Exciting News!


Wow. A post two days running. I'm on a roll. Actually, I'm on a high!

Last night I received news that ALL ABOUT EVIE finaled in New Jersey Romance Writers Golden Leaf contest!

The Golden Leaf is awarded annually for excellence in romance fiction by authors who are NJRW members or in RWA Region One. Winners in eight categories will be announced during the NJRW Put Your Heart in a Book Conference being held on October 5-6, 2007.
I don't typically enter contests, but ALL ABOUT EVIE was so different from everything I'd previously written, I was .... curious, I guess. I decided I'd enter the novel in two contests, one local: NJRWs Golden Leaf, and one national: RWA's Rita Award. Rita finalists won't be announced until next spring, but the Golden Leaf finalists were announced last night and, as I said, WAHOO! Evie finaled! Special thank you to contest coordinators Roni Denholtz (who finaled as well!) and Karen Bryan for their enthusiasm and hard work and to the judges who committed their time. I, for one, certainly know how precious time is.
Happy dancing in New Jersey!

Comments

steve said…
Hey, Beth - congrats on finaling! Celebrate!
Mary Stella said…
I'm happy dancing for you down here in FL, Beth! I'm so excited and pleased for you and All About Evie. Keeping fingers crossed that your book wins the Golden Leaf!
Jordan Summers said…
Congrats Beth!!! Way to go! :)
Tori Lennox said…
How cool! Congrats!!!
Gabriele C. said…
Wow, that's so cool. Congrats!
Jennifer Elbaum said…
Congrats! Evie is a funny and sexy read and I'm not surprised it finalled.
Looking forward to getting a chance to cheer for you next month!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you everybody!!! I'm still dancing on air! :-)
RAC said…
This is great news for you! Cool beans.
flchen1 said…
Congratulations, Beth!! Outstanding! Have a fabulous weekend, and do something fun to celebrate :)
FeyRhi said…
WooHoo Beth!!! That is great news, of course it's not a surprise to any of us *BG* We already knew you're the best.
Anna Lucia said…
WOO HOOO! Congratulations, Beth - great news. Sounds like the judges have excellent taste. :-D

Can't wait for RTW!!
Beth Ciotta said…
Tapping away at the keyboard, but checking in here every now and then and feeling the love. Thank you all for sharing my joy. :) Hope you're having a great weekend.
barb said…
Nice! Congrats! Did you do a jig?
Roni said…
Congratulations again Beth! Karen and I were SO excited when we got the scores back and realized you finaled. Yours was one of the first calls we made because we couldn't wait to hear your reaction! We're both fans of yours and were not surprised that the judges rated your book so highly! The dogs must have loved seeing you do the happy dance btw. We hope you celebrated!
charleneteglia said…
Congrats, Beth! Evie's a fantastic book and I'm happy to hear it finaled. : )
elsiehogarth said…
Hi Beth! Congratulations! WooHoo!!!This is great news.

I'll be going to the NJRW booksigning so I'll see you there. Sister Dear(Stalker) and the Kid(Stalker in training) won't be attending since they are going to Disney.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All