On the Fly - Life and Love

It's not that I'm a slacker. It's not that I don't miss you. It's that I'm up to my eyeballs in work. The day job kind. The dream job kind. Life is chaotic. Life is good. Lots going on.

Yesterday was my only day to run errands. I wasn't off, mind you. I worked an emcee gig last night. And though I needed to spend the day writing, I also needed to shop for promo items for an upcoming conference and an anniversary gift for Steve as tomorrow is our wedding anniversary! I am the world's worst gift giver. He is the best. Oy, the stress. Anyhoo, while shopping for neccessities, I spied a couple of clothing items that I just had to have. Guys, you can skim over this. You won't care. Girls, they were designer items, classy yet hip designer items, on mega, mega sale. Enough said.

Had. To. Have.

Let's skip to the skirt. A classic black pencil skirt. I don't have a pencil figure. But I have this really awesome retro swing jacket that begs to be worn with a straight skirt. I want to wear that jacket at the NJRW Conference. So I bought the skirt. Even though it's snug in the thighs. I also stocked up on salad stuff and Slim-Fast shakes. Oh. And I start a Tai-Chi class next Tuesday. I will look good in that skirt. I will.

In other news--teaser alert--this weekend I met an unexpected, but totally awesome deadline for Romantic Times Magazine. Details forthcoming.

So back to my anniversary. We've been together for almost 26 years and, as of September 25, married for 15. I'm here to tell ya... Love at First Sight exists as do Happily Ever Afters.

Happy Anniversary, my love!

Comments

Jordan Summers said…
Happy Anniversary, Beth!!! :)
Tori Lennox said…
Happy anniversary, Beth & Steve!!!
Cynthia said…
Happy Anniversary, B and Steve!
flchen1 said…
Happy Anniversary, Beth and Steve! Hooray!

And Beth, yippee on the excellent shopping! That sounds like a satisfying trip :)

Can't wait to hear more about the met deadline!
Jennifer Elbaum said…
Happy Anniversary

Congrats on a successful shopping trip (I'm assuming that in addition to the great clothes, you also managed to buy your hubby a great gift?)


That teaser is just plain cruel!
Gabriele C. said…
Happy anniversary.

And I hear you about that pencil skirt. Mine is blue, with a matching jacket in a cool, abstract flower design, and a halter top to go with it.

Should buy some salad, too. :)
Mary Stella said…
Happy Anniversary, Beth and Steve!! Sending much love up to you both.

Beth! You're taking Tai Chi? You have to fill me in on the details. I took Tai Chi for a few years when I lived up home. I wonder if any of the people from my class will be with you!
HelenKay said…
Happy Anniversary - wahoo!!!!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks so much everyone!! We had a lovely evening.
danetteb said…
Happy Anniversary!

Cheers!
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi, Charlene and Danette! Thanks for the well wishes!
Roni said…
Happy Anniversary! And congrats on the great shopping. I'll see the outfit at NJRW. I bought myself a new dress today--since Karen and I are kind of emcees of the Golden Leaf part of the awards ceremony, and I'm a finalist, I justified the expense! P.S. I;ve been (strictly) dieting for two weeks now.