On the Fly--From One Crazy Week to Another

Last week was a blur of work by day, fun by night. I had family visiting. I rarely get to see my sisters, my brother, or their children. So it was a real treat to have my sister Barb, her husband, Larry, and my neice Logan (5) and nephew Jax (2) for an entire week. We watched a lot of movies, read books, played with the dogs, and conquered quite a few amusement parks including Sesame Place. Here are a few pics from that day.

Jax and Barb on the Flying Fish

Logan with Elmo

Jax, Logan and me

Funny how when you hang with young kids, you become a kid again yourself. At least I did. I even braved two roller coasters with Logan and the Merry-go-Round with Jax. No, I'm not scared of the Merry-go-round, but anything that goes in a circle makes me green. My favorite distraction at Sesame Place was a little water park thingee with fountains that shot out every where. We didn't have bathing suits on, but Logan, Jax and I waded through and got wet anyway. It was sweltering that day and I don't do well in the heat. I welcomed the chance to cool off. The biggest joy? Seeing and hearing Logan and Jax squeal an giggle with glee as they raced though the fountains getting soaked.

They left for home on Saturday morning. I miss them already. I really miss my sister. (waving to Barb) Luckily, I am too busy to dwell on the quiet. Line edits for EVERYBODY LOVES EVIE arived on Friday. I spent the weekend attacking. The plan is to wrap them up today so that I can plunge back into my latest western ASAP. In addition to my manuscripts, I have two weeks to prepare for Heather Graham's Writers For New Orleans Workshop weekend. I'm speaking on a panel and also performing in a show. I have a script and songs to memorize and a workshop to prepare. From one crazy week to another. Not that I'm complaining.

"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure." -- William Feather

Comments

flchen1 said…
Oh, Beth! Your busy week looked like a blast! And your nephew and niece are real cuties :)

We're heading off to Disneyland tomorrow, so eek!

Hope your new busy week goes really well! You know, no rest for the weary, and all that...
Beth Ciotta said…
It was a blast, flchen1. Great fun had by all. Speaking of fun... Disneyland? I'm envious!!! Have a fabulous time!
Gabriele C. said…
Lol, two kids for a week would have killed me. I love my niece and she's a very cute and bright girl, but more than one afternoon with her and I get a splitting headache.

Glad you had fun, though. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
The only splitting headache I had, Gabriele, was caused by the sun beating on my head at Sesame Place. Frolicking in the fountains took care of that. :-)
barb said…
Thank you so much for having us. We had so much fun and Logan and Jax keep asking if they can go back to your house everyday. I say-sure, if that means I get a break!

p.s. Any chance you can get me an autograph from Heather Graham?
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Barb! Miss you guys! Yes, of course, I'll be happy to get you an autographed book of Heather's. Just remind me as we get closer. You know me...
Roni said…
Sounds like you had a great time! But kids can be tiring, especially if you're not used to them everyday! And it sounds like you did a lot of running with them, whereas if they were with you on a longer basis you'd have more down time. And, your sister looks a lot like you--when I first saw the photo I thought it was you.
Now on to work...but isn't it great to do edits on a book that's contracted? (Vs. an unpublished writer just revising their own work on spec)
Anna Lucia said…
Ah, one of the (many, many) reasons I want children is to play with them and be a child again myself.... glad you had that fun, Beth!

I LOVE water features you can play in!
Jennifer Elbaum said…
I think the "adorable!" gene runs in your family Beth!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All