On Writing: THUNK!

That is the sound of my forehead hitting my desk. Revisions on EVERYBODY LOVES EVIE completed and turned in. My eternal thanks to awesome writer and critique partner, Cyndi, for hanging in with me even while she was on vacation! Talk about a giving friend. I'm very pleased with how the story turned out. Thank you, Keyren (my HQN editor), for your amazing guidance and support.

I've been writing and working non-stop for several weeks. I am just a wee bit fried. This morning after turning in the manuscript, I zipped off to work. I'd been at the library for 45-minutes when I glanced at the schedule and realized I wasn't supposed to be there! I work every other Monday. Today was not one of them. Jeez. So I drove home and fired up the computer. I'm trying to catch up on emails and writing business. Still not done, but making progess.

At some point today, I hope to update my website. Medallion Press created a super cool movie banner for ROMANCING THE WEST. It's on their website and they're allowing me to use it. I (read: my husband) just need to figure out how to upload. I'll let you know when it's up. So cute! Meanwhile you can check it out at the Medallion website. It's at the top of their main page the third banner in the rotation.

Speaking of MP and westerns, tomorrow I dive back in to to where I left off on THE FALL OF ROME, the third western in the series. May have to watch MAVERICK tonight or TOMBSTONE, something to get my head back in the wild west. Any other western movie suggestions?

Meanwhile, back to to business end of things....

Comments

barb said…
Hi,

Actually the Hallmark Channel has a lot of westerns in the evenings. A lot of them are contemporaries though. Still, a cowboy is a cowboy!
flchen1 said…
I'm sorry I don't have any western recommendations, but I just don't watch many movies (cuts into my reading time ;)) Welcome back :) And the going to work on the days I don't need to be there sounds just like something I would do...
Beth Ciotta said…
A cowboy is a cowboy. You said it, Barb. Actually I've been cleaning house all day trying to preprare for the visit of a beloved sister. :-)Don't know it I'll get to a movie, but I'll kep hallmark in mind!
Beth Ciotta said…
There's an idea, flchen1, Maybe I'll cath up on some reading tonight. Just started Heather Graham's 'The Seance'. I was lucky enough to get an advance copy! (Barb, I'll save it for you!)
Macy O'Neal said…
I remember my guy friends in college watching Young Guns and Lonesome Dove over and over and over again. Maybe one of those would help. Good luck.
Roni said…
I read Heather Graham's The Island a few weeks ago--great romantic suspense. As far as westerns...my husband is a John Wayne addict, he owns a whole bunch of those movies on video and DVD. So maybe a John Wayne movie is just right for getting into the western spirit! And Beth--good for you for getting right back to work...but don't forget to take some time to reward yourself and play (and read).
Beth Ciotta said…
Excellent reccomendations, Macy! I haven't seen either one of those in years. I'll have to search them out. Thanks!


Can't go wrong with John Wayne, Roni. I've seen many of his westerns and they are mostly classics. Ah yes, The Duke. :)
FeyRhi said…
The only western I can think of is "Blazing Saddles". Not exactly historically accurate but good for a laugh or three *G* There is always Serenity or the Firefly series. That is kind of a western...in outer space.

Ok so not very helpful but if your brain is fried then you should be smiling, at my poor attempt at humour, by now.