On Writing: Speaking of Conferences...

This week multitudes of romantic fiction writers will be flying into Dallas, TX for the Romance Writers of America'a National Conference.

I'm not one of them.

I will be here, at home, feverishly working on two, yup, two, deadline books.

However, I'm thrilled to announce I'll be attending the Writers for New Orleans weekend workshop August 31-September 2. Sponsored by NYT Bestselling author (and one of my favorite people in the world), Heather Graham, this weekend is packed with workshops and parties, and plenty of networking opportunites. Plus it's in New Orleans!

Heather founded this mini-conference last year, hoping to encourage tourists to return to this beautiful city, a city that, along with residents, suffered mightly because of Hurricane Katrina. I'm very much looking forward to the trip.

Aside from celebrating the wonder that is New Orleans, I'll be speaking on a workshop panel with friend and multi-published author, Mary Stella. Mary and I will also be performing once again with Heather's famed theatrical troupe: The Slush Pile Players.

Others attending... authors F. Paul Wilson, Kathy Love, and Erin McCarthy. Author/editor/publisher, Helen Rosburg of Medallion Press. Kensington editor, Kate Duffy and Harlequin editor, Leslie Wainger. And that's just to mention a few!

There's still time to register. Click here for more details. Maybe I'll see you there!

Comments

Melissa Lopez said…
Hey Beth,

Do you know if Heather plans another New Orleans conference for 08? I'd love to plan ahead...

Good luck with the deadline!
~Mel
Beth Ciotta said…
I'm pretty sure she plans on making it an annual affair, Mel. And I'm sure it will grow each year. Did I mention there's a book fair too? :)
Melissa Lopez said…
Thank you. Oh, a bookfair! Even more reason to try attend. Maybe I can somehow volunteer...

I love New Orleans and really do want to revisit the city. ~Mel
Beth Ciotta said…
Very kind of you all not to point out my big spelling mistake in the origial post. Just reread and noticed I had written mimi-conference. It was up there all day! Ack! Of course, I meant MINI-conference and have edited it to read as such. Although maybe you thought Heather had whipped up something unique which would, in truth, totally be her. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All