On Reading: Romancing the West

Tonight someone asked me, “So when’s ROMANCING THE WEST coming out?” There’s a short answer and a long answer. I take that back. There’s one complicated answer. I barely understand it myself so I’m not going to try to explain it. I’ll just say it’s a weird publishing glitch. Wait. Glitch isn’t the right word. Phenomenon? Yeah. I’ll go with that.

It has to do with an original release date of July 2007 and a delayed release of October 2007 because of a new distribution deal between Medallion Press and IPG (Independent Publishing Group). It’s all good. Great news for Medallion and its authors because it means wider distribution. Read: You’ll more readily find Medallion Press books on the shelves of your favorite bookstores.

Basically, ROMANCING THE WEST was/is slated in a transitional period. The result: Stores who pre-ordered for the original release date are stocking RTW per the original release date. So RTW is in select stores now. Available through bn.com (Barnes and Noble) as of July 1. Otherwise, it will be released world-wide…. October 1.

Confused? Welcome to the club. But it’s sort of exciting, too! Look at it this way. Like an art-house film, ROMANCING THE WEST is now available in limited release. Lucky you, should you get a copy before the world-wide release! You could then taunt your friends. “Ha! I read it. You didn’t. Boy, are you in for a treat!” (At least that’s how it plays out in my brain.)

Don’t see ROMANCING THE WEST at your bookstore? Don’t trust an on-line source to send ASAP. Have to have this phenomenon now?

Submit a comment to this post. Anything.

“Hi, I’m so-and-so from wherever.”

“I love you and your books! Pick me!”

“Never heard of you, but I’ll give you a try. If it’s free.”

Submit a comment. Any comment. And you’re automatically entered in the giveaway. Monday evening I’ll draw five random names. Five winners. Five advance copies! All you have to do is comment to this post. Come on. You know you want to!

Still not convinced? Click here for an excerpt. Click here for an advance review from The Romance Studio. Here’s a snippet.

This complex novel has a myriad of characters and a multifaceted storyline. The drama is expected—of course Seth and Emily had to be attracted to each other! The suspense was constant because someone was blackmailing Emily. I’ll admit the ending was quite a surprise to me; I definitely did not figure it out on my own! Then there were the three men who had proposed to her; one was Athens. All the characters were strongly written and worked together to create an intriguing book which was very hard to put down.

Kudos to Ms. Beth Ciotta; she has penned an exciting, extremely interesting, tale which will keep the readers talking. I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who loves historical romance. You definitely won’t be disappointed
!"

Come oooooon. You know you want a fun, fast, and heart-tugging read. Comment. Say anything. Literally. And you could win a free copy of one of my personal favorites: ROMANCING THE WEST. All I ask? If you like it… spread the word. By mouth. By blog. Just share the love!

Comments

danetteb said…
Hi Beth,
I love an Arc of Romancing the West, please pick me,perty please *g*
Hugs, Danette
CrystalG said…
I would love to read Romancing the West. Sounds great. :)
robynl said…
I absolutely need to have a copy of Romancing the West. I love these kinds of stories. Thanks.
Kelly said…
I was playing hooky from work today, so I decided to stop at the local Borders store. I was able to snag the last copy of Romancing the West. Woo hoo!!!! So if you are in the Chicago area, they are out there. :-)
barb said…
This stinks. I'm so used to being the one of the first to get your books. I keep looking and it's not at my bookstores. So, pick me. I'm family! Come on! I'm begging!. Do I need to resort to blackmail????
cas2ajs said…
Hi Beth!
I'm a regular lurker to your blog. Unfortunately, I have yet to read one of your books. Please put me in the drawing . . . I'd love to give it a try.

Cheryl
Roni said…
I'd love to get a copy of Romancing the West! I love your books and you know I am a BIG fan of yours! I loved Lasso the Moon and am looking forward to getting reacquanited with the whole group. :)
Pick me!
Beth Ciotta said…
Really appreciating the comments, folks! Many made me smile although Barb's made me shudder. Blackmail? Eek! Will be drawing names tonight!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All