On the Fly: BEA -- Dining with Medallion Press

Popping in to finish yesterday's tale. Showered, spiffed, and starving, Steve and I cabbed it over to Nino's Tuscany, a fabulous Italian restaurant where we were shown to a private room. Medallion Press chose to treat authors and staff as well as Matt Hurley from Publishers Weekly and Leslie Jones from Library Journal to an intimate dinner as opposed to a bells and whistles party. Lucky us!

We were all charmed by the delightful company, food, and wine. Helen and James Rosburg are famous (in my book) for hosting classy, fun affairs. This night was no exception. We ate, drank, chatted, and laughed for hours. It felt more like a family get-together than a business dinner. That's one of the things I adore about writing for Medallion Press. They are incredibly Author--make that People--friendly. Classy with a capital C. A heartfelt thank you to Helen, James and Adam for hosting such a wonderful affair.

I'll continue with my BEA adventures as time permits. Still ahead... a boffo signing for ROMANCING THE WEST in the MP booth. Drinks with Alex Kava (super suspense author!)and Amy Moore-Bensen (our dynamo agent). Partying with Harlequin at the Arena Nightclub. And my first official (and successful!) signing for ALL ABOUT EVIE in the Harlequin booth.

Sometimes I just have to pinch myself!

Comments

Roni said…
WOW, BEA sounds like fun! You are living your dream Beth! I love HEather's books too, BTW. "The Island" is near the top of my TBR pile. And I agree, for a small company Medallion does a great job.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All