Monday, May 21, 2007

On Writing: Routine--Whatever It Takes

Waking up at 6am every day is for the birds. Seriously. I don't like it. But it's part of my new routine... like the Monday/Thursday (with the occasional random day) blogs. So far, it all seems to be working. I'm accomplishing 'pub/biz' before 'library/work' so I can utilize the evenings to write. Although this evening, I'm sneaking away to movie.

Must rest brain. Must fill creative well. Ug.

If you haven't done so, please check out my previous post. Just got my cover for THE FALL OF ROME, my work-in-progress. And as it happens, I'm making progress. Two points for routine.


8 comments:

Jennifer Elbaum said...

You work hard resting your brain. How was the movie?

Barb said...

I just checked it out and I love the new cover. Very fun!

Oh- no complaining about 6 AM wake up calls. I have to be up at 4:30 or 5:30 depending on the day. You get used to it. Trust me!

Roni said...

I got up at 6 AM for 8 years (except for summers) when my kids were in high school, first my daughter, then my son...it's not fun. I am SO not a morning person. However, I did manage to do writing then. And it didn't last. I now can sleep til 7:30. SO, Beth, I'm sure this is temporary and you will be able to sleep later in the future.

Roni said...

Oh! One more thing. I was at the huge B&N in Edison yesterday with my kids (our annual summer book shopping) and EVIE was prominently displayed...but only 2 copies were left! BTW great cover for "Rome"!

Beth Ciotta said...

The movie was excellent, Jen! The acting top notch. If you like strong heroines, intrigue, action-packed drama, a hint of romance, and a bang-on period piece, BLACK BOOK is for you! Note: It is in Dutch so there are sub-titles. I'm not bothered a bit by sub-titles. I watch a lot of foreign films. But I know it's an issue for some people.

Beth Ciotta said...

Glad you like the cover, Barb. As to rising early... I know, I know. Lots of people get up at 6am, and some even earlier, like you (ACK!). I know I'll get used to it. But can't say I'll ever LIKE it. :)

Beth Ciotta said...

Hi, Roni. That's it exactly. Not. A. Morning. Person. Then again, I'm not a night owl either. Hee!
Thanks for letting me know you saw ALL ABOUT EVIE prominantly displayed at your BN. Sounds like they'll have to order more copies soon! :)

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I was just telling Mary Stella that I often accomplished more writing when I still had a day job and did my writing between 5-8Am!