The Whirlwind that is RT

I need a t-shirt that says: I survived RT!

I'm home. Alive, but exhausted. Ragged voice and weary body. Let's not talk about my brain.

I have much I want to share about my experiences at the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention, but I need to get my thoughts in order. And I need a working, rested brain for that. For today, let's just say that I had a wonderful time meeting and hanging with old friends, and meeting and speaking with new friends.

I met some lovely people for the very first time including authors Alexandra Sokoloff, Harley Jane Kozak, HelenKay Dimon, and Erin McCarthy. I performed alongside Alex and Harley, both professional performers as well as published authors, in our friend Heather Graham's musical theater production. We spent a lot of time together in rehearsals and I have to say these ladies are a blast and super nice. Can't wait to read their books.

HelenKay, who I know from blogosphere, attended the 'Networking' workshop that Mary and I presented. I was thrilled when she introduced herself. A face to go with the blogger. *g* And what a nice person! Genuine and warm. It only wants to make me read her work even more. *Waving to HelenKay*

As for Erin, I met her when the 80s Trivia workshop that she hosted with my friend Kathy Love. I have to say the trivia games (and the prizes) were a hoot. (Yes, I played!!) Erin and Kathy were fun and entertaining. Even though they didn't focus on their books, you walked away wanting to buy one! Well done, ladies. *g*

That's one of the perks to attending reader/writer conventions. Meeting readers/writers face-to-face. Making a live connection often inspires someone to buy your book. They like you, so they want to support you. They like you as a person so they're intrigued and encouraged to read your work.

That's if you make a good impression.

Unfortunately, I ran into the occasional person who did not make a good impression. I have to admit, I'm not inspired to read something by someone who is... diplomatically-challenged. I was going to say rude, insensitive, inconsiderate... but someone on HelenKay's blog used the term diplomatically-challenged and I think that says it all... and more diplomatically. LOL Often times successful 'networking' simply boils down to being genuine, courteous, and respectful. Honestly, it is that simple.

I'll report more on RT in the coming week, but I have to break off to thank those who emailed me over the past week to tell me they already saw ALL ABOUT EVIE on the shelves! Tomorrow is the official release date, but apparently she was eager to get out and about and jumped the gun. *g* Some people (FeyRhi) even already read the book and shot me an enthusiastic email which I very much appreciated! Someone also wrote to ask if ALL ABOUT EVIE will be available in e-book as well. The answer is, yes! You can purchase the e -book version at eHarlequin!

I'm off to try to catch up on email and to prep for tomorrow. It's going to be another whirlwind week, but, man, what a ride!

Comments

cosproductions said…
Beth it was so great to see you at RT, though we didn't find time to talk. Uh...do people actually find time to talk at RT? lol
You were brilliant, as always, and lovely.
I love that term - diplomatically challanged. ROFL!!!
There are always going to be those people who are not a personable, or who are even rude.
Luckily, there are people like you to tip the scales for the "good guy" side!
I enjoyed this RT very much. I am looking forward to hearing more about your experiences!
Sheila
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Sheila! I saw you at least twice, but you were engrossed in conversation and I was running to be somewhere on time. You're right. Finding time to chat can be a real challenge. Ack!

You're right about the diplomatically-challenged (my new favorite term), there will always be someone. Happily I make it a habit of surrounding myself with the 'good guys'... people like you. :-) Thank you for your kind words. You are a doll and such a dedicated and talented artist! Keep rockin' COS!!
*waving weakly*

Hiya seatmate! I'm totally fried too but wanted to stop in here and say I'm so glad we got to travel together. It really made for a lovely beginning and ending to the con!

I'll see you around...when I can see that is *gg*
Jolie Mathis said…
Beth,

I'm glad you got home safe! It was great to meet you in person! :) Enjoyed your networking panel.
Beth Ciotta said…
Ann, I adored the chats we had on the plane. Flying with a friend i the only way to go!! :-)

Jolie, it was great to meet in person. How funny that I didn't know you were YOU. You know what I mean. ;) Wishing you all best!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All