Monday, April 9, 2007

An Otherworldly Delight

Greetings all! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. As usual, things have been hectic in my world. Hectic, but good. Amid all the craziness of promoting ALL ABOUT EVIE while also diving earnestly into the task of writing my next contracted book, I have had the pleasure of reading a novel that knocked my fuzzy socks off! KISS OF MIDNIGHT, a decadent treat written by the fabulously talented (and super nice!) Lara Adrian.

Perhaps you’ve heard the buzz about this book. Maybe you’re wondering how I read it when it hasn’t even been released yet. Well, my friends, I was lucky enough to be blessed with an ARC (advanced reading copy) and I am here to say, “Holy otherworldly delight!”

I don’t typically read ‘vampire’ novels. I don’t normally gravitate toward dark. But Lara hooked me on page one with her sharp writing and imaginative tale. She’s a master at worldbuilding and writing tight, consequently providing the reader with an adrenaline-charged page-turner. The entire time I read, I saw this story play out in my head. Hollywood, are you listening? KISS OF MIDNIGHT would make a killer movie. Lucan, an intriguing and ultra-sexy warrior, and the rest of the Breed sank their fangs in me from the get-go and didn’t leave off until the slam-bam ending!

Imagine alpha vampires with dangerous toys. Century-old warriors on a noble mission. Think intense and action-packed. Romantic and squeeze-your-thighs-together sexy. The heroine of this adventure, Gabrielle, was not only strong and sensual, but smart and compassionate. I felt for her and her predicament as keenly as I felt for Lucan. I not only rooted for them as a couple, but for the Breed and their cause. I didn’t want this tale to end and luckily it won’t! Subsequent novels will feature more of the alpha-vampire-warriors who make up The Breed. I can’t wait!

Hungry for an intense, erotic, otherworldly read? I highly recommend KISS OF MIDNIGHT. Visit Lara’s website for an excerpt!

3 comments:

Jordan Summers said...

I'm really looking forward to reading this book. It sounds terrific. :)

Beth Ciotta said...

It really is fabulous, Jordan. I didn't really do it justice here, though I tried. I think this series is going to be a huge hit. :)

Roni said...

I don't usually read vampire books but I did get hooked on Caridad Piniero's Calling series and enjoyed Heather Graham's Kiss of Darkness. I'll have to give this one a try. Meanwhile, I can't wait for Evie...and for Romancing the West.