Knowing Me, Knowing Them

The first of two new story proposals is in the works. As noted in a previous post, I'm in the getting to know you phase. Although the occupations of the hero and heroine are unfamiliar to me, I'm emotionally tuned in to certain aspects of their backgrounds, personalities, dreams and goals. In order for the reader to care about the characters, I need to care about them as well. I need to connect in some way. The more I understand and respect that, the faster and truer the tale comes.

"Only write from your own passion, your own truth. That's the only thing you really know about, and anything else leads you away from the pulse." ~~Marianne Williamson

Comments

Roni said…
Good luck Beth! I admire you trying to plan so many projects at once! I've had some aol/computer problems and was way behind in reading your blog. I had to stop my wip to do copyedits (which had loads of mistakes) and now have to get back to it. I love all your books--and am excited that you're already working on some new ideas. What are you working on next--another Western?
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Roni! Sorry to hear about your aol/computer problems. I'm actually experiencing trouble with yahoo just ow. Can't get to my mail! I feel so cut off. LOL

Sounds like you've been super busy juggling projects of your own. Hope all is going well. :)

Thank you, as always, for your kind words about my books. After I complete two proposals, I'll be diving into the next western. Looking forward to it. Yee-haw!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Holidays!

The Reality of it All