The Excitement Begins

There are many steps along the way from idea to manuscript to published book. ALL ABOUT EVIE is now in the ARC stage. ARC stands for advanced reading copy. This prepublication edition of the book is distributed to major book buyers and is also used to generate reviews and publicity. Click here for an extended explanation.

It means other people, aside from my critique partners and editors at HQN, are now reading my beloved story. It means book stores and libraries will start ordering copies (hopefully A LOT). It means reviewers will start offering their opinions (hopefully enthusiastic ones). Even though the book won't be on shelves for another three months, the excitement (which includes a lot of nailbiting and sporadic mini-celebrations) has begun.

Yesterday, I had my first thrill. NYT Bestselling Author, Heather Graham, read ALL ABOUT EVIE and offered a quote (known in the biz as an 'author quote') to use in whatever way I or HQN see fit. It's a marketing effort and can in some cases be a real boon. At this point, I'm just over the moon that Heather liked the book and used words like "keeper" and "wonderfully talented author". ((((squeal)))) But out of all the kind things she said, here's what I pulled to use as a promo shout-out...

"...an amazing charmer sure to dazzle and entertain!" ~~ Heather Graham, NYT Bestselling Author

Here's hoping the world will smile as kindly on my baby.

***
UPDATE:
Just learned that an article I wrote for Romancing The Blog got stepped up in the schedule. It's running today! Click here to read my thoughts on Us vs Them.

Comments

Mary Stella said…
As one of the critique partners who has already read All About Evie, I absolutely agree with Heather's review! I bet everyone who reads it will, too!
Cyn said…
Congrats, Beth! From your other critique partner and someone in the know, the story deserves it!
Beth Ciotta said…
Aw, shucks. *sniffle* Thank you my wondrous friends and talented CPs. :)
Anonymous said…
Oh, that's a nice quote indeed. Congrats.

BTW, we had a storm a few days ago that really gave me some ideas for the scenes of the Varus battle. :)
Charlene Teglia said…
Congrats, Beth! I'm looking forward to reading Evie. : ) Liked your RTB column, it's all to easy to internalize criticism about what we do, isn't it?
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Gabriele! I had read a bit about some savage storms over in Europe. Hope you didn't suffer damage. Bumer. At least the rough weather provided some keen inspiration!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you Charli... on both counts!! :-) And yes, internalizing... all to easy. Ish.
Lara Adrian said…
FANTASTIC!! Beth, this is all great news. Congratulations!
Brooks said…
That's fantastic! This is HUGE!
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you, Lara. Thank you, Brooks! I'm still happy dancing. (Which is really a feat while typing.) *g*
Kristen Painter said…
We'd be happy to review All About Evie at Romance Divas. Just saying.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All

I've Moved!