Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday Crunch Time


There are some dynamic, well constructed, entertaining holiday blog posts out there. This is not one of them. This is me checking in to say, OH MY GOD! CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEKEND?!

You guessed it. I'm not ready. Today I will be cramming in various preparations, including shopping, wrapping gifts to be mailed, washing the dogs so that they smell and feel yummy when we travel North for a brief visit with my in-laws, and cleaning the house, mostly the guest room, so that I'm not totally embarassed when Mary comes for a visit on the 23rd.

These tasks will of course spill over into tomorrow with the addition of preparing for my last Penelope Pageturner Storyhour and making some, any, even a word, of progress on my WIP.

If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, you'll know why. Not that I expect many of you to be bloghopping over the next week. I expect you to be attending parties, watching holiday movies and enjoying, as the song goes, the most wonderful time of the year.

Speaking of... what are your plans for the week?

6 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I suspect that panicking will figure large in my week. *g*

Anonymous said...

It's Christmas next week? *blinks* How did that happen?? I demand people stop playing with the space-time continuum! Christmas isn't for another month.

ACK!

FeyRhi said...

I'm living on De Nile...or is that in denial?? I'm trying not to think about how much I still have to do in the next 6 days.

Anna Lucia said...

Plans? Get through an unfeasibly large amount of work at the dayjob, write and send cards (late again!), clear up the dining room from wrapping and decorating, get out for a walk at least twice, and... enjoy myself.

;-)

Good luck, Beth!

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought a single gift yet, my flat's dustier than a ghost house in a Hitchcock movie, and I only today baked the first cookies. Not to mention I totally need to see a hairdresser if not the fashionists decide 'rat nest' is a cool thing to have on your head until Saturday. :)

Roni said...

Hmm...I'd love to have time to relax and watch holiday movies (I've been meaning to watch Home Alone) and I DID finish my shopping early, but I am still doing cards, baking, and decorating. And Haunkkah already started! And we're having family over next weekend!