The Annual Trip


This week has been, and continues to be, crazy. In my normal hectic life, I am known by some as 'The Blur'. I'm the person running here, there, and everywhere. This week I'm not even a blur. I am the wind. *g* I try to take off at least one night a week to settle in for a movie night with the family. (That would be Steve and the fur kids.) This is us last week enjoying a holiday classic. Well, Steve, Billie and I enjoyed it. Sadie (the cat) and Cheyenne (the little dog) fell asleep. Aren't they cute?

Today, after work, we're driving up to Long Island to spend two days with my in-laws. Depending on traffic, anywhere from a three to five hour drive. Billie and Cheyenne will come with. Sadie will stay home with a sitter. Billie loves to ride in the car. Cheyenne gets car sick. Not fun. Last time, the vet suggested Benedryl for a long trip to make her drowzy. It works like a dream. Yay!

Back to Billie. She loves car rides. She loves the annual holiday visit with the Ciottas. Dad C (who calls himself her grandpa) gives her lots of treats and takes her for long walks. She's always excited as we zip up the Garden State Parkway, not settling down until we hit Staten Island. She dozes through Brooklyn and along the Northern State, but as soon as we veer onto the Meadowbrook Parkway, she pops up and starts looking out the window. I don't know how she knows that turn, but she does. She knows at that point we're seven minutes from her grandpa's. Amazing. This will be her 12th or 13th holiday visit to Long Island. Even though she's moving slower these days, I know she'll perk up like a little kid when she senses we're close to grandpa and grandma's. It does my heart good. Cheyenne will just be happy to be anywhere but the car. And Sadie will enjoy having the sofa entirely to herself. As you can see from the look on her face, sometimes she gets a little squished.

Are you making any trips this week? Are you going to friends and family? Or are they coming to you?

From my family to yours... Happy Holidays! May it bring out the kid in you!

Comments

Cyn said…
Have a great trip, B! Love to Dad C.

I love the pics of the fur kids. They look so happy and content.

Hugs, C
Mary Stella said…
As a matter of fact, I, too, am making a trip. See you, Steve, Billie, Cheyenne and Sadie on Saturday, Beth. Can't wait to spend some time with you before I go up to be with family for Christmas and see other friends during the week.

Moe will be comfortable at home with the dog/housesitter. I'm sure he'll keep an eye on the fishtank. *g*

Have fun with the Ciottas!
Scott Oden said…
Merry Christmas, Beth (and family of Beth)! My family's so scattered that we're not doing anything special this year for the holidays (my sisters live near, my brothers live in Ohio and Virginia). So, Christmas evening a bunch of my friends are getting together, going to a movie, eating leftovers, and probably indulging in a bit of video gaming. They're like one big -- and strange -- extended family, so all is good ;)
Tori Lennox said…
Have a safe trip! Sounds like it'll be a fun one. :)
ElsieHogarth said…
How cute are all of you? Adorable! Have a great time with the family. Also with Mary. Ahhh, to be a fly on that wall during that reunion.

We always have Christmas Eve at our parents because my Dad loves seeing all the kids/adults open their presents...it's sort of a pre-Santa visit. then the relatives are in and out visiting for the next 4 days or so.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
robynl said…
You know what, our fur baby does the same thing. He knows certain turns in the road and the town and senses when we are getting close to home or to grandma and grandpa's(they are both gone now but he used to love going there).
Have a great time at the family gathering; Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Roni said…
Great photos of your furry babies! Everyone looks SO content. We're having family over on Saturday, about 20 people, for a late Hanukkah celebration (my kids have finals this week so we're doing it after Hanukkah). Merry Christmas Beth! Please say hi to Mary from me!
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi C! We're up here now and I have unexpected access to the Internet. Yippee! I can at least check in now and then. Cheyene had a rough time of it on the trip. The pill didn't work so well this time. Ah, well. Good thing my gross-out factor is high. ;0)

Mary! Can't wait to see you Saturday. Movie date at cht-fest. Woo-hoo! Happy Holidays to you and Moe!
Beth Ciotta said…
Scott, your Christmas plans with extended family sound fantastic! We used to invite all our musician friends ove for Thanksgiving dinner... years ago before they all had wives/husbands and kids. It was always a blast. Fod and fun with friends. I'm sure you'll have a merry time!

Thanks, Tori. The fun has already begun... :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Elsie, sounds like you have a good ol'fashioned Christmas ahead. I can already hear the laughter. HappyHolidays my friend!

Robyn, nice to know we're not the only one with a pyschic furball. ;) Happy holidays to you and yours!

Gads Roni! You're going to have a houseful. I'm sure a great time will be had by all. Happy Hanakkah!
Anonymous said…
I am staying home sweet home. And I am going to love every hour (minute) of the relaxing time. Except the frenzied few hours on Christmas Eve I am wrapping gifts! :-)
Dorothy said…
Awwww...they are precious! I love my doggies, but Max, well, you can read what he did to my nutcracker on my blog if you want. I'm having family come here, but it's just my son. My daughter already lives with me, so it's going to be a small gathering. I forgot what it's like to have a big family! Have fun, Beth, and Merry Christmas!
Beth Ciotta said…
Bethany, sounds like heaven. :) Enjoy the holidays with your family!

Happy Holidays, Dorothy! Hmm. I need to hop over and see what Max did to the poor nutcracker. :) Sounds like you have nice, cozy Christmas plans. Peace and joy to you and yours!
Anna Lucia said…
Lovely pics, Beth! :-D

We're staying home with each other for Christmas - a nice treat.
Taylor said…
Beth, my dog Buddy has that same instinct! When we enter Little Silver, where my grandfather is, something clicks and he begins to go beserk! It's the oddest thing seeing that he just knows, in a sense, that we're "here". Anywho, we're going up to my Aunt Kim's this year sans-dog (but just for the afternoon!). Merry Christmas Beth!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've Moved!

The Reality of it All