Two Things...

#1) Jordan Summers, a wonderful writer and all around super person, just signed a three-book deal with Tor! Mega reasons for celebration, but I'm especially happy for her because she'll be writing the gritty, edgy stories that have been recently setting her soul afire. Burn, baby, burn!

#2) I'm giving myself a makeover. Well, not me personally, although I could use one, but this blog and my website. The website is still a work in progress but--tah-dah!--behold the blog's new look. I liked pink-cartoon-chick, but she wasn't an ideal spokesperson for ALL of my writing. This template struck me as more generic (important since I write contemporary, historical, and paranormal). And though it still screams cheery, there's an edgy feel with all the stark black. Needed an edge. I'm not all fluff, and neither are my stories. I found this awesome template at Zoot's Designs. Truth told, I was quite fond of several of Miss Zoot's designs. There were at least six that really called to me, but again this was the one best suited to my brand, Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense, as well as not pinning me to a specific time period.

I've been giving a lot of thought to brand lately, as well as my style of writing which seems to be evolving. I think I'm experiencing growing pains. *g* It's kind of exciting though. I'm working hard not to question the ideas and words pouring out.

Must. Embrace. Change.

I may morph into something that requires a more specific 'look' marketing-wise. But until then, I'm quite happy with the zippy creation. Thank you Miss Zoot!

Comments

Cynthia said…
I love the new look. Such a surprise when the page opened, I love it.
Cyn said…
Great job, B! I know you worked hard to find the right expression. Rock on!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thanks, gals! *nod to Miss Zoot*

Now if I could only get my website to look like this!
Mary Stella said…
Love the new look of the blog. Eyecatching and definitely "you"!
Tori Lennox said…
Very cute and funky! :)
Jordan Summers said…
Thank you, Beth! I loved the card.

I think the new look is great. Can't wait to see the website. :D
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you Mary, Tori, and Jordan!!!
I'm lovin' it too. :)

Jordan, still happy dancing for you!
Bethany said…
#1, Congrats to Jordan! A book deal is ALWAYS news to celebrate. ;-)

#2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new blog. It is definitely more you (all around) and gives a feel for all of your personalities [g].

See? You'll lose your techno-goobernewss yet. ;-)
Cheryl said…
I absolutely love the new look too!
Brooks said…
Good job!

We continuously re-invent ourselves.

It's all about evolving.
Beth Ciotta said…
Waving to Bethany, Cheryl, and Brooks!! Wahoo! Thank you. :)
FeyRhi said…
*G* I see you have changed your picture to match your new set up. Looks great!
Beth Ciotta said…
FeyRhi, can you believe I had a dress in my closet that cordinated with those red and pink flowers? Ha! Anyhoo, I needed to update the photo to portray my current 'natural' haircolor. I kept looking at that blond thinking, "Who's that?" LOL
Olga said…
Beth, fabulous new look, and huge congrats to Jordan!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All