I've Been Mocked!

This just in my in . . . VP/Creative Director of Medallion Press, Adam Mock, strikes again! He hit a home run as far as I'm concerned. I adore the cover he created for my July 2007 release, ROMANCING THE WEST. Fashioned after a 19th century dime novel, it couldn't fit the story more perfectly. Thank you, Adam!
***

Emily McBride is in a pickle. The preacher's daughter secretly writes scandalous romantic adventures. When someone uncovers her secret talent and threatens to expose her double life, she worries her small town friends and the man of her dreams will never speak to her again. Worse, she's growing fond of her new friend, a literary poet, who would surely be horrified by her novels.

When the Peacemaker Alliance recruits lawman Seth Wright, he's ready, willing, and able to kick ruthless desperado butt for the covert government agency. His enthusiasm wanes, however, when his first assignment takes him to California to propose marriage to Miss Emily McBride on behalf of his boss, and deliver her back to Arizona Territory. He's a lawman, not a courier. Worse, the small town librarian mistakes him for a dandified poet! Before he sets her straight, she confesses she's mixed up in something tawdry. With two unwanted suitors hounding her, the woman needs protection. So Seth assumes the fancy pants identity to room in her house without compromising her reputation. Seth's good intentions take a monumental twist when he develops genuine feelings for the passionate book lover. She's not what she seems. More jolting, neither is he.

Comments

Tori Lennox said…
That's a fabulous cover, Beth!!! VERY eye-catching!
Julia Templeton said…
Great cover, Beth!
The artist did a great job capturing your characters personalities.
Another terrific cover. Medallion is such a class act in that department.
Roni said…
Oh, Beth, what a SUPER cover! I think you've been lucky with all your covers--they truly reflect your wonderful stories! They're all attractive and show the main characters accurately!
Cyn said…
B, like I said, this cover totally rocks! Adam captured your story so well!
Beth Ciotta said…
I'm so glad to hear so many positive responses. Thanks every one! Original, comes to mind when I look at it. Hopefully, it will give me that edge when a shopper is browsing the shelves and overwhelmed by so many choices. ;)
Bruno Amato said…
Beth...You're "cover" people do an amazing job!!!!....and a side note....House is on Tonite:)
Beth Ciotta said…
*Head thunk* Bruno, I'm such a twit. I saw your post dated 'Monday' and just got 'Monday' in my head. Just checked back and saw you did say 'Tuesday'. I need more sleep or more coffee. One of the two.
Mary Stella said…
Bravo, Adam and Medallion. Another outstanding cover!
ElsieHogarth said…
Beth, Congratulations on the great cover. It is adorable. Adam is a superstar.
Adam C. Mock said…
Wow!! That cover is OUTSTANDING!! Wait a minute... am I allowed to chime in on my own work?

Beth, I'm glad you like it (and everyone else who gave their thumbs up). You're one of my favorite people to do a cover for and the honor is all mine.

As always, I wish you much success in everything you do!
Beth Ciotta said…
Mary and Elsie, yes, indeedy, Adam rocks!

Speaking of... look who dropped by... and chimed in! Waving to Adam! Yes, of course you can acknowledge your own brilliance. *snicker* Honestly, Adam, you should be very proud of, not only this cover, but all of your art. So imaginative. You strive to do the author and the story honor and it shows. Thanks for your kind words regrading moi! Have a great day, oh-creative-wonder!
Cynthia said…
What a great cover!
Anonymous said…
I love the saucy way she gleams out from under her hat. That girl is trouble. :)
That's an awesome, rockin' cover, Beth! I'd definitely give that one a peek in a bookstore. Truly wonderful!
Beth Ciotta said…
Thank you, Cynthia!

Gabriele, she does have a bit of an ornery look, doesn't she? Heh-heh. I loved writing Emily. She was a curious mix of innocent and liberal. :)

Ann, thanks for the positive vibes!!
Barb said…
I love it and I can't wait to read it. How 'bout a sneak peek for you sister. Come on! I'm dying to read about Seth.
You work with amazingly talented people!!!
FeyRhi said…
It's an amazing cover Beth!! I'm so excited. My personal favourite is still "Charmed", Oh and the shoes on Evie *BG*
Beth Ciotta said…
Barb you're gonna love this story I just know it. And not because you're my sister. ;) I just think it's one that will call to you. Sneek peek coming soon. :)
Beth Ciotta said…
So glad you like the cover, FeyRhi. I adore all of Adam's covers. Hard to choose a fave. (Though CHARMED makes me smile really big.) ;)

As for Evie's shoes, but of course, every fun-loving girl should have a pair of those!
Bethany said…
Look at it! FABULOUS! Woo hoo! Can't wiat to read it. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All