We All Make Choices. What's Yours?


The tag line for the upcoming movie THE LAST KISS. I know I'm going to love this movie. I know it from the trailor. I know it because it stars Zach Braff. This Jersey boy has excellent taste and oozes talent.

You may know him from "SCRUBS", one of the few truly clever sitcoms running these days. He also wrote, directed and starred in a gem of a movie, GARDEN STATE. For one so young, he's awfully deep. And did I mention talented? Hard to label Zach as he does it all and does it all well. He's an actor, director, writer, and producer. Oh, and he coordinates mean sound tracks. I'm thinking 'artist' covers it, covers Zach.

Artist, Zach Braff has a killer blog going. Novelists aren't the only ones using blogs as a promotional and networking device. Zach's working the Internet with the same imagination and energy as promo whiz, film maker Kevin Smith. I've been popping in on Zach's blog now and then over the past year and a half. He's pretty good about posting regularly, but now he's really turned up the heat. You see he has a new movie coming out, and it looks like another gem. But maybe not something that appeals to the masses. It's about friendship and love. Life and making choices. Pretty sure there's no stuff blowing up, car chases, or eye-popping special effects.

New authors and mid-list authors have to work their tails off to get the same notice and audience as a NYC best-selling author. I guess it's the same for Indi or 'relationship' artists. Hard to compete with the blockbusters.

So, in addition to press junkets, and all of the other normal promo stuff, Zach's blogging. And his blog ROCKS. Hop over and check out all the bells and whistles. The videos are awesome and I love, love, love his taste in music. Just as I bought the soundtrack to GARDEN STATE, I'll be scarfing up the soundtrack to THE LAST KISS. But the real charm is in his posts.

I'm sure Zach doesn't need my help in promoting his new film, but I'm putting in my two-cents anyway. Because he seems like a nice guy. Because he's uniquely talented. Because I think you'll enjoy his blog. Go, Zach!

Comments

Bruno Amato said…
I hear a lot of talented actors have come from Jersey lately...LOL...Seriously that guy is something else and Scrubs is FUNNY! I gotta check out his blog...thanks for the heads up Beth :)
Beth Ciotta said…
Hey, yeah, Bruno. What's up with all the Jersey mega talent? :) You, Zach, Kevin Smith . . . Hey! According to a list I just looked up, Meryl Streep and Kevin Spacey are from Jersey too! Wow. What's in the water here?

Hope you enjoyed Zach's blog!
FeyRhi said…
I seem to remember a really popular rock band is from your area as well..hmmmm....something to do with lots of hair and hairspray. (*G*) Well in the late 80's anyways.
Bruno Amato said…
Bon Jovi....Sinatra....Springsteen.....Jack Nicholsan.....Beth Ciotta.....where does it end!!!! :)
T-Lo said…
He really is talented. I like him because he's not just one-demensional - he can be funny, serious, maybe both and alot more all in a show/movie/etc. He's got good range for such a young age. I always thought years of experience is what makes that but sometimes kids are born with talent. :)

P.S. - I have a little surprise for you: I have my own blogger account now! I figured I want to speak my mind about things and I should make my own new blog - so I did it! Check it out and comment if you can!
Taylor said…
I also forgot to mention my name will come under as "T-Lo", my nickname. Just so you know, that previous comment was from your good friend Taylor - and so is this comment!
ElsieHogarth said…
Beth, Jon Bon Jovi is from my hometown of Sayreville. We use to love seeing him around town at the local Pizza place and at Shop Rite.

Other Jersey folks are: John Travolta, Count Basie, Abbott & Costello, Dionne Warwick, Sarah Vaughn, Ernie Kovacs, General Norman Schwarzkopf, Norman Mailer, Dorothy Parker, James Fenimore Cooper and Aaron Burr.

Is Bruce Willis from Jersey? I know he attended Montclair State.
Beth Ciotta said…
Hi Bruno. I knew about Sinatra and Springsteen, but Nicholson? Yeah, boy! Ooh, and I see Elsie chimed in with more Jersey talent. Wow. As to Bruce Willis, I don't know Elsie. Anyone know? Is Willis a Jersy boy?

Yup, FeyRhi--Bon Jovi! Did you see Elsie's note? She ran into them regulary at the local piza joint. :) Did you drol or anything equally embarassing, Elsie? LOL
Beth Ciotta said…
Taylor!!!! Or, ahem, I mean T-Lo. Love your new blog. I'l be hopping over to comment soon! I know what you mean about talent. Sometimes age has nothing to do with being multi-dimensional. You're a good 'for instance'. :)
Bethany said…
Agreed girlfriend! I've been reading his blog for a while now too... and I cannot wait for that movie! :-)
ElsieHogarth said…
Jon was a guaranteed sighting, late at night, at Shop Rite buying ice cream and being down the candy and cookie aisle. He was very nice and always happy to see fans and chat for a bit. I believe he's still the same way even though he lives in Fair Haven/Red Bank area now. Two weeks ago he was featured on Sunday Morning and he's still a real nice, humble and sweet guy.
Bruno Amato said…
Bruce Willis is from Jersey, he grew up in Penns Grove....and his longtimeme nickname is Bruno.....Billy Joel told me that.....seriously!....and lets not forget Joe Pesce, Martha Stewart, Frankie Valli and Connie Francis :)
Beth Ciotta said…
So Bruno clued us in. Did you see Elsie? Bruce Willis IS from Jersey, along with several more talented folk. Wow. This state rocks. Literally. :)