Sunny Day, Sunny Mood


The projected high temperature for my little beach community here in NJ today was 95 degrees. It's currently 96 degrees although the local weather says it feels like 99. I'm thinking that's about right. I've been out in the backyard with Billie and Cheyenne (my beloved doggies) twice today. Both times we lasted ten minutes, if that. Dang, it's hot.

I've been writing like a fiend since 8:30 this morning, with the exception of those two breaks. I'm in the zone. Which means I'm zipping along. Which means my mood is pretty decent. So long as I don't think about the deadline (August 1) and how much more I have to write (100 pages). I'm channeling Yoda just now. "Think not. Do." Or something to that effect.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods? What are you doing to enjoy or avoid it?

Comments

Mary Stella said…
Too funny, B. I just wrote a blog about the heat, but only because I'm suffering at work with our a/c system not working!
Tori Lennox said…
It's too darn hot! Too darn hot! Er, I just realized that's a song. LOL! Well, it works. It isn't quite as hot here at the moment as where you are, but they're saying 101 on Thursday! =:0
Beth Ciotta said…
Even though it's now 6:30pm, weather channel now says it 'feels like' 100 here. Gads!

Stay cool, Mary and Tori!
Bethany said…
Hot, hot, hot. And um playing in the kiddie pool with the kiddo (don't tell that I'm not writing!)..... :-)
Monica said…
Good luck on the deadline! It sounds as if you're doing so great, writing away.
Beth Ciotta said…
Bethany, I won't tell. Sure wish I could join you. Sounds like fun!

Thanks for the shout of support Monica. I'm sweating it out, chipping away. I know you know the feeling!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The Reality of it All